Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Rooms and Bars not at LHR. These are open for passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders.

The current catering options (July 2019) in the JFK CCR can be found in post 123 in the thread, or you can click here and photos are here. This menu should be the same as found at the BOS and IAD F Dining Room.

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR and BOS/IAD F Dining menus in post #14 in this thread, or you can click here. This archive covers September 2015 to date.

Concorde Room (CCR) at LHR
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019 can be found at this link.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
JFK CCR - March 2019

butternut squash salad

goat's cheese salad

pork belly

cheese plate
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by KARFA
JFK CCR - March 2019

butternut squash salad

goat's cheese salad

pork belly

cheese plate
Hope they taste better than they look!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Is the butternut squash salad meant to be a trompe l'oeil or something? Was there a tonne of butternut hidden underneath the apparently uniform piles of rocket? Even the goat cheese salad looks more like a spinach salad with a bit of goat cheese crumbled.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Is the butternut squash salad meant to be a trompe l'oeil or something? Was there a tonne of butternut hidden underneath the apparently uniform piles of rocket? Even the goat cheese salad looks more like a spinach salad with a bit of goat cheese crumbled.
The Goats cheese salad was very nice but yes - you are correct with your description - not a great deal of goats cheese and lots of spinach! The roasted grapes were an odd addition! My pork belly was undercooked (IMHO) - KARFA's looked a lot better - he did offer to swap like the gentleman he is but I declined!

Regards

aks120
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by aks120
The Goats cheese salad was very nice but yes - you are correct with your description - not a great deal of goats cheese and lots of spinach! The roasted grapes were an odd addition! My pork belly was undercooked (IMHO) - KARFA's looked a lot better - he did offer to swap like the gentleman he is but I declined!

Regards

aks120
We must have been in the lounge at the same time last night! I thought the butternut squash salad was pretty disappointing, and wasn't overly impressed by the pork belly or the citrus salmon either (I overindulged slightly... ) Being braised, the pork was very gelatinous, and I'm not sure chomping down on layers of liquified fat is quite the best idea before an overnight flight. The salmon was much too acidic for my taste as well. On the other hand, I thought the lavender honey served with the cheese was mindblowingly good. So moreish, in fact, that I asked for a pot to drink as a makeshift sticky to accompany the chocolate dessert!

Regardless of these slight mis-steps, I still think the food in the JFK CCR is a step or two above that offered in LHR. The menu options certainly tend to be more interesting. Shame I don't get to experience it all that often.

Hope you managed to avoid one of the terribly delayed flights back to London...

Last edited by crazyanglaisy; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:27 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Regardless of these slight mis-steps, I still think the food in the JFK CCR is a step or two above that offered in LHR. The menu options certainly tend to be more interesting.
I completely agree ^ The dishes at JFK, whilst fewer in options, are greater in quality versus LHR. LHR, for me, always seems to have that feel of the components being kept heated just that bit too long, then placed together to create the final dish (I have no idea if that is true, but I cannot see that each plate is prepared individually like they would be in a restaurant).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
yes the squash was underneath. Sorry I should have tried to show that.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Hope you managed to avoid one of the terribly delayed flights back to London...
It’s a shame I didn’t know you were there. Always nice to put a face to a name. I was on the 0015 flight, we didn’t leave until just before 0300. Just landed but now waiting for a stand.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: GGL/CCR

Current CCB menu in SIN
Old May 2, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone seen JFK CCR menu for May yet?
Old May 8, 2019, 7:04 am

JFK CCR
7 May 2019

Old May 10, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BA
Hello all.

Next month I travel on economy ticket to HKG from DUB. I am BA Gold member, Is there anyway I can gain access to Concorde Room?

Thank you
Old May 10, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Alan Nevin
Hello all.

Next month I travel on economy ticket to HKG from DUB. I am BA Gold member, Is there anyway I can gain access to Concorde Room?

Thank you
Are you doing DUB-LHR-HKG? And are you on BA on the LHR-HKG flight?

If so you can only get access to the CCR in T5 if you are in F (although I note you mention being in Y), or you have a CCR card, or you are guested in. Other than that as a BA GCH you would get access to the GF.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: BA
Thank you. Is there any way to get guested in?
Old May 10, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Alan Nevin
Thank you. Is there any way to get guested in?
if you know a friend or family member etc travelling in F on the same day around the same time and also from or via t5 (or they have a ccr card) then you can ask them if they would guest you in when you are both at t5. If not, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.