Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Rooms and Bars not at LHR. These are open for passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders.

The current catering options (July 2019) in the JFK CCR can be found in post 123 in the thread, or you can click here and photos are here. This menu should be the same as found at the BOS and IAD F Dining Room.

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR and BOS/IAD F Dining menus in post #14 in this thread, or you can click here. This archive covers September 2015 to date.

Concorde Room (CCR) at LHR
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019 can be found at this link.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
I can't remember ever having LPGS at JFK, although my travel history there only extends back maybe 3/4 years. When I was last there in early June still no LPGS.
It does make an appearance from time to time, along with the rather nice LP Rose. Sadly it's been bog standard LP for a while although Bollinger has been making regular appearances of late.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Silver
BOS First Dining 16 July 2017
Attached Images  
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
JFK CCR menu

Name:  IMG_7383.jpg
Views: 6008
Size:  670.7 KB
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Burrata starter

Name:  IMG_7384.jpg
Views: 5965
Size:  735.6 KB
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:22 pm

Excellent beef main. Probably best I've had in a BA lounge

Name:  IMG_7386.jpg
Views: 5950
Size:  662.7 KB
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:29 pm

"I'll have some duck with my beef please". Equally very good.

Name:  IMG_7387.jpg
Views: 5899
Size:  648.4 KB
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
November menu

Sorry I did not take notes but can summarise what we had.

Starter were (three) seared scallops with fresh grapefruit (unfortunately not well peeled), a little pineapple foam and leaves. It was ok but not great, and scallops were overcooked.

The salad is a salad of red and gold beetroot with goat cheese, which is almost more like a goat curd. Very nice and refreshing.

The two mains we tried were a grilled striped bass with tomato sauce which was very nice, and a rack of lambs (three chops) with celeriac mash, asparagus, and tomato. The rack was very good, and I love the fact that the JFK CCR ask you how you like your meat cooked and will deliver that quite exactly.

Cheese plate included three cheeses, a Danish type blue, a mild (to my taste) cheddar, and a Chaource-like cheese, all served with plain water crackers, grape (seedless but very good), blackberries, raspberries, and honeycomb honey.

Dessert was called a chocolate mousse but was really much more like a ganache. It came as a scoop and was very reach with some salted caramel and a scoop of ice cream. The ganache was a bit grainy and extremely rich but nice.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I had dinner in the Concorde Room at JFK yesterday. Apart from a good starter (scallops with avocado, grapefruit, and I can't remember what else), the mains I tried were pretty bad.

First I ordered a rack of lamb which was tough and lacked in flavour. I asked it medium but it was still baaing and I ended up with a bloody plate. I then ordered some pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto, which was the most overcooked meat dish I have had in a while. It even beat the beef fillet I had in First on Saturday, which was very well done, but tender and flavoursome.
Desert was stingy and arrived with the ice cream half melt.

Was I unlucky, do I have too high expectations or are the standards actually low?

Overall my SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR in First has been a disappointment from a food point of view.
Breakfast in the Qantas lounge at LAX was meh, food on LAX-JFK was embarrassing (AA has been having "issues" with catering at LAX for almost a month), CCR in JFK was depressing, and the only food I ordered on my JFK-LHR was some warm chocolate chip cookies from the Bistro menu, which were a bit stale and not warm.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

December JFK CCR menu
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
JFK

The Octopus starter

The salad

The Cod

All were actually quite good, better than any other F lounge has ever offered on the ground.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Any updates for JFK in 2018?
Want to have an idea of what to expect.

Does it close at all during the day? At JFK this afternoon and not sure if its closed until 3:30pm or something (can't find the info).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by xenole

Does it close at all during the day? At JFK this afternoon and not sure if its closed until 3:30pm or something (can't find the info).
It does cloase after the BA178 leaves and reopens at either 15:30 or 16:00 (I'm rarely at JFK that early so not sure of the exact opening time). Pre-flight dining starts at 16:30.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Current menu was posted by El_Duderito here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29308508-post48.html
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Current menu was posted by El_Duderito here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29308508-post48.html
Remember seeing that but wasn't sure if the turkey and egg nog made it a December menu. Also, a few posts above have it being posted on the 17th Dec.

Added: Definitely the up to date menu so I can have a Xmas dinner today
Seems to open at 3:30pm with the dining bit starting around 4pm although it hasn't 20 mins later.
At least, so far, there's no muzak playing but we do have a walkie talkie to make up for it and someone else making an audible phone call due to the zero background noise

Turkey Breast and cranberry stuffing etc.

Last edited by xenole; Jan 22, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:17 am

White chocolate Marquis:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.