Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days. Thanks to KARFA for his previous research here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In adddition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 373 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with November menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread
Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to December 2016.

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from January 2017 onwards.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Incidentally, I tried the new curry from the lounge menu yesterday. It has quite a kick! However, my first portion came with no beef, so it was basically a spicy potato soup. In the interests of research I ordered another portion, pointing out the lack of beef in the original, and received a very beefy dish, which was quite delicious!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
If you could bring back one CCR dish, what would it be?

I’d like to see the macaroni cheese with truffle. It was delicious.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Incidentally, I tried the new curry from the lounge menu yesterday. It has quite a kick! However, my first portion came with no beef, so it was basically a spicy potato soup. In the interests of research I ordered another portion, pointing out the lack of beef in the original, and received a very beefy dish, which was quite delicious!
Sounds like someone forgot to stir the pot before serving the first one. A bit slack and whoever did it must receive a severe finger-wagging from... let's nominate someone... C-W-S?

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup

Duck confit.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold

I'm a relative newbie to the CCR, so for me it'd be the scallops with pork belly from earlier this year. One time I managed 5 servings in a 3 hour visit.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

i many on here liked it a lot, I really did not. Without a crust I thought it was stodgy and a bit sickly. I always enjoy the ribeye but liked one of the red snapper dishes, one of the duck ones and the crab tortellini. That said I have had much better dishes than all of those in the jfk ccr notably the much missed lobster bisque.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Regarding the pudding choices, I assume the wholesale price of almonds is currently at a record low...
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

A dish we have not seen for quite a few years - the Crab and Chili Linguine.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur

The spicy scallops. They were excellent, and went well with the LPGS.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
So I tried the harrisa carrots salad dish which was quite nice though lacking a bit in seasoning and with enough chickpea to start a hummus factory. Seabass is long as long as they bring me half a lemon. Not in the mood for the ox cheek plus it really looks quite gloopy, I'll really look forward to seeing what the next meat will be in February. Millionnaire shortbread dessert is ok but I preferred the brownie of last month.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know its Hate Speech but that just looks like some 2 courses for Ł10 pre-theatre menu, up-sell Ł2 for a dessert. Dry pastry, under seasoned ox cheek, farmed sea bass...it looks so bad and costed to within an inch of its life. The premium BA nomenclature is their undoing.

I can only repeat, go back a few years and the Oasis of Calm (Galleries First) had better food to order from the menu and a substantially better buffet. I am willing to bet the salmon meals from that time cost more than whats on the 'Concorde Menu" now.
It's very clear why BA "F" offers so ways of cheap ways getting into the "F" cabin and I understand BA F is better than CW but the ground product pales terribly if paying good money for this considering what you can get in FRA, MUC, ZRH and CDG (though not from personal experience in P lounge). Last time I was in the ZRH Dock E SEN lounge they had freshly prepared stew with big chunks of beef, prepared on a live station, that would blast through the BA meat budget for the week in a day.
710 77345 and scillyisles like this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
given Filthy's pics look like they have been taken in his garage (love you too - nice to see you and Ms Monkey, too), here are the pics (including unseen ones):

The oxcheek, though not a looker, was tasty and the executive chef who came out for a chat was clearly pleased with it and thinks it's a good one for December (and I'd agree - not going to be top of my favourite list but it was tasty and for December, a good dish). Filthy thought the mushroom thingy was a bit dry and not calorific enough so he's suggested more butter or cream in it to the exec chef so if it's too creamy or buttery in the future, you know who to blame.....

the salad thingy was decent and the fish looked good.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by madfish
I think he’s going to be mighty put out... you’ve just aged him by ten years! ��
a week with @stu1985 does more than age one by 10 years!!! going to take 10 years to recover from it!
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
a week with @stu1985 does more than age one by 10 years!!! going to take 10 years to recover from it!
I was also disappointed to see FM's premature aging of you. You don't look a day over 45 darling
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I was also disappointed to see FM's premature aging of you. You don't look a day over 45 darling
you are once again showing your youth and immaturity ;-)
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by chris1979
You won't be wanting to go on the next two trips then.....?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.