Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days. Thanks to KARFA for his previous research here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In adddition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 373 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with November menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread
Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to December 2016.

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from January 2017 onwards.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks BAGoldBoy, will add these photos to the photo guide later on today.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
There was an interesting hand-written addition on a piece of A4 paper in the bar menu this afternoon. It described a crisp sandwich in intricate detail.
I couldn't possibly unmask the culprit, but you will usually find him here on Tuesdays and Thursdays....
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
There was an interesting hand-written addition on a piece of A4 paper in the bar menu this afternoon. It described a crisp sandwich in intricate detail.
I couldn't possibly unmask the culprit, but you will usually find him here on Tuesdays and Thursdays....
Hahaha, send him my regards ^
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I couldn't possibly unmask the culprit
But you just did?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But you just did?
Sure he did - but shouldn't it have been a "chip butty"?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morges1
Sure he did - but shouldn't it have been a "chip butty"?
No cos the CCR doesn't serve chips only crisps
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Incidentally, at lunch last Sunday, Mme Morges1 (known to have very particular taste) gave the highest accolades to the scallop starter and the coq au vin!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by morges1
Incidentally, at lunch last Sunday, Mme Morges1 (known to have very particular taste) gave the highest accolades to the scallop starter and the coq au vin!
I had the coq au vin and the chicken jalfrezi this week; both very good, with the coq au vin being quite a hearty meal.
Looking forward to having the Jalfrezi with extra chillies.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Chicken jalfrezi, albeit the Gatwick version, however CCR looks identical, from memory, though Gatwick's portion seems somewhat larger.

Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Chicken jalfrezi, albeit the Gatwick version, however CCR looks identical, from memory, though Gatwick's portion seems somewhat larger.

Nice presentation!

I just had it at Heathrow T5 Flounge:

Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:05 am

I'm currently enjoying it in CCR- as per your picture CWS, albeit with chilli flakes.
Next time, I'll "salad dodge" with this meal, my excuse being the lurking cucumber....(maybe I'll get more curry in its place).
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:22 am
dnw

Between myself and the other half and 4 hours in the CCR last night we sampled:

Mint & Pea Soup - adequate if a little cold
Scallop - good
Chicken Jalfrezi - agree with above posters, excellent
Club Sandwich - could have done with a little more mayo
Sea Bream & Rissoto - good
Tarte Tatin with walnut ice cream - fabulous mmmmmmmmm

In fact the only disappointment was the Hoisin duck and oriental vegetable wrap I sampled on first arrival - utterly disgusting. The texture was like mayonnaise, nothing that either looked or tasted like duck to be found. Maybe I'm spoilt by Pret's version.

Food onboard was also excellent (we had the steak & the lamb), have they upped the game in this area a bit recently? way better than last few F flights.

Oh and while we're on the subject of food 2F was covered in bits of ribbed crisps on boarding. On the seat, in every crevasse (well, I say in, resting on the top of every crevasse is probably a better description). But we know BA don't clean the aircraft properly or give a damn... the crew member was fabulous, tried (but failed) to get the cleaners back (whom we passed on the ramp on boarding) and then found a dustpan and brush and swept it up for me. She was so embarrassed but I was fine as my expectations were sadly but adequately set...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm currently enjoying it in CCR- as per your picture CWS, albeit with chilli flakes.
Next time, I'll "salad dodge" with this meal, my excuse being the lurking cucumber....(maybe I'll get more curry in its place).
Just left and missed the chance to say hello! Chris1979 may still be there, although he's flying soon.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:06 pm

Just on board the graveyard flight to Belfast, where checking-in your bag at the gate is the new Priority Boarding Queue.
Hope to be back in CCR next Thursday afternoon, when I hope to bump into a fellow barfly...
Now to try to resist BOB....
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by dnw
Between myself and the other half and 4 hours in the CCR last night we sampled:

Mint & Pea Soup - adequate if a little cold
Scallop - good
Chicken Jalfrezi - agree with above posters, excellent
Club Sandwich - could have done with a little more mayo
Sea Bream & Rissoto - good
Tarte Tatin with walnut ice cream - fabulous mmmmmmmmm

In fact the only disappointment was the Hoisin duck and oriental vegetable wrap I sampled on first arrival - utterly disgusting. The texture was like mayonnaise, nothing that either looked or tasted like duck to be found. Maybe I'm spoilt by Pret's version.

Food onboard was also excellent (we had the steak & the lamb), have they upped the game in this area a bit recently? way better than last few F flights.

Oh and while we're on the subject of food 2F was covered in bits of ribbed crisps on boarding. On the seat, in every crevasse (well, I say in, resting on the top of every crevasse is probably a better description). But we know BA don't clean the aircraft properly or give a damn... the crew member was fabulous, tried (but failed) to get the cleaners back (whom we passed on the ramp on boarding) and then found a dustpan and brush and swept it up for me. She was so embarrassed but I was fine as my expectations were sadly but adequately set...
Agreed. I think the tarte tatin is the real star of the show on the main menu this month. I've also very much enjoyed the scallop dish and the sea bream (once seasoning is added). I'll try to make an effort to give the chicken a go this week. The real disappointment for me though is this month's cheese selection. A mixture of 3 unripened and largely flavourless morsels, all served seemingly more refrigerated than usual. Very disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.