Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Looking for an answer to this technical question: My wife is a silver member with her renewal year ending July 8, 2018. Due to her work conditions she achieved the 1500 tier points on December 23, 2017 and became a gold member. My question is: will her Gold card renewal will be due on January 8, 2019 or she will have extended period of the difference between her silver and gold status and will have her membership valid until July 8, 2019?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Looking for an answer to this technical question: My wife is a silver member with her renewal year ending July 8, 2018. Due to her work conditions she achieved the 1500 tier points on December 23, 2017 and became a gold member. My question is: will her Gold card renewal will be due on January 8, 2019 or she will have extended period of the difference between her silver and gold status and will have her membership valid until July 8, 2019?
when you achieve a status level you will get it from the date you crossed the threshold for the rest of that membership year, and then one full membership year after. also status lasts until the end of the first full month after your membership date.

so for your wife her status will last until 31 August 2019.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by KARFA
when you achieve a status level you will get it from the date you crossed the threshold for the rest of that membership year, and then one full membership year after. also status lasts until the end of the first full month after your membership date.

so for your wife her status will last until 31 August 2019.
Great. Thanks @KARFA for the clarification.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Further to KARFA's post it should show the card expiry date as August 31st, 2019 in your wife's BAEC account under 'view more account information'.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread has now been closed. Please visit the 2018 edition of the Attaining Status and Earning Avios Guide

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 6, 2018 at 9:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.