Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by PETER01
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and_conditions

"Tier Point collection Year"

means the 12 month period starting from the 9th day of the calendar month in which a Member joins the Executive Club or, if the member joins after such date, the 8th day of the following calendar month, and every consecutive 12 month period thereafter.
Has this changed? The T&C now reads as follows (emphasis added):

means the 12 month period starting from the 8th day of the calendar month in which a Member takes their first flight as a Member of the Executive Club or, if the member joins after such date, the 8th day of the following calendar month, and every consecutive 12 month period thereafter.
Since my end date is still shown as the 8th, is there now ambiguity as to which year flights on the end date will be credited? Yes, it will make a difference to me
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Gerbs
Has this changed? The T&C now reads as follows (emphasis added):

means the 12 month period starting from the 8th day of the calendar month in which a Member takes their first flight as a Member of the Executive Club or, if the member joins after such date, the 8th day of the following calendar month, and every consecutive 12 month period thereafter.
Since my end date is still shown as the 8th, is there now ambiguity as to which year flights on the end date will be credited? Yes, it will make a difference to me
Apologies for the late reply as I've been off the forum for a few days.

Just to confirm that the end date is always the 8th of the month and I can only put it down to an typo by myself.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Can someone tell me where I can find details of the off peak dates for spending Avios. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Can someone tell me where I can find details of the off peak dates for spending Avios. Thanks.
Yes, see on this page https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...reward-flights and under the "Working out the cost" tab click on the "Learn more and view the British Airways peak and off-peak calendar" link.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks, KARFA.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Random question,

If I am OneWorld Sapphire, I get access to Priority Boarding and Checkin? Does this also apply to any travelling companion (just one)? He has no status. Im aware I can take him into the lounge but was wondering about the other benefits.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am short of 10k Avios and I can't fly for the time being due to work load.

Any recommendations for getting these 10k avios cheaply other than buying them on BAEC or convert hotel or credit card points?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:32 am

Earning Tier points and Avios with Oneworld partners.

Evening

I apologise that this is likely a question that has either been asked (and answered) previously or otherwise very obvious.

i have booked the family on Qatar airways for our holiday to South Africa but have entered my BA executive number rather than my qatar one.

As I booked direct with Qatar (and not ba but in Qatar metal) will we get tier points and Avios for the flights?

Sorry again if this is a obvious answer (new to this Avios malarkey).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Saeagle
As I booked direct with Qatar (and not ba but in Qatar metal) will we get tier points and Avios for the flights?
Yes, you will get the tier points, posted to your BAEC account.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:08 am

Looking to buy USD using my BAEC Amex, are there any ways to do so that treat this as a purchase and not cash ?

TIA
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Yes, you will get the tier points, posted to your BAEC account.
thanks for the help
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:52 am

Is the buying avios promotion of plus 50% extra a good deal, 150000 avios for £1615
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by bubbah
Is the buying avios promotion of plus 50% extra a good deal, 150000 avios for £1615
It is all dependent on how you value them really. There is a fair bit of discussion and opinions here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-targeted.html

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/09...irways-lounge/
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
My partner reached Bronze during a recent USA trip. She passed the 300 TPs on a flight to DFW and we also flew onward from DFW the same day, both on AA.

The base miles and cabin bonus have been properly credited for these 2 flights and her account now shows Bronze status, but no tier bonus miles have been added for them.

Will these bonus miles be added automatically or do I have to chase? Will the missing avios form will be a waste of time as base avios have been credited?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LSunbury
My partner reached Bronze during a recent USA trip. She passed the 300 TPs on a flight to DFW and we also flew onward from DFW the same day, both on AA.

The base miles and cabin bonus have been properly credited for these 2 flights and her account now shows Bronze status, but no tier bonus miles have been added for them.

Will these bonus miles be added automatically or do I have to chase? Will the missing avios form will be a waste of time as base avios have been credited?
From memory of other situations here, I think that she will have to ask for the tier bonus. However, AIUI she won't be entitled to the tier bonus for the flight to DFW on which she earned Bronze. She will only be entitled to the tier bonus for the next flight, from DFW.

What I would do is to use the webform for queries rather than the automated claim missing Avios form. That way you can actually explain in words what the issue is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.