Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Sorry to follow up my own post... is there a more appropriate thread to ask this question perhaps?

I look forward to posting here more frequently once I start to get into the nitty gritty of being an Executive Club member!

Cheers
Anyone? Help?!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sorry to follow up my own post... is there a more appropriate thread to ask this question perhaps?

I look forward to posting here more frequently once I start to get into the nitty gritty of being an Executive Club member!

Cheers
Your membership year will always run from 9th of a month.

In terms of the specific month it will start, I think the timing depends upon when you credit your first flight. From memory, I think it will set as the (th of the month following the credit, so if your first flight was credited in July 2017, your membership year will then be set as 9 August 2017 to 8 August 2018.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Your membership year will always run from 9th of a month.

In terms of the specific month it will start, I think the timing depends upon when you credit your first flight. From memory, I think it will set as the (th of the month following the credit, so if your first flight was credited in July 2017, your membership year will then be set as 9 August 2017 to 8 August 2018.
Thanks. So if I was to click the "convert to Executive Club" button on my "account" as it stands, it should take that date / date of first credit following that date into account (say April) rather than for example November, when I first set up my non-Executive Club account years ago?

I don't think I'm explaining this particularly well. I assume there's no problem simply setting up a brand new Executive Club account from scratch using a different email account and transferring all my existing bookings in, since I've never had an Executive Club account before?

I'm keen to get this spot on as I want to credit a flight on 3 May then four at the end of August which would get me Silver. But if somehow it took the date I created my non-Executive Club ba.com account, it could split those flights across two different years.

Cheers
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:17 am

Thanks. So if I was to click the "convert to Executive Club" button on my "account" as it stands, it should take that date / date of first credit following that date into account (say April) rather than for example November, when I first set up my non-Executive Club account years ago?

I don't think I'm explaining this particularly well. I assume there's no problem simply setting up a brand new Executive Club account from scratch using a different email account and transferring all my existing bookings in, since I've never had an Executive Club account before?

I'm keen to get this spot on as I want to credit a flight on 3 May then four at the end of August which would get me Silver. But if somehow it took the date I created my non-Executive Club ba.com account, it could split those flights across two different years.

Cheers
Your first credit will be your 3 May flight assuming that is your first flight you will credit it to your new BAEC account. Your year will run 9 June-8 June.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Qantas
Credit for Points from another One World Alliance Member

Is there any credit given for members from another airline, Qantas, who have accrued points flying BA and AA towards that freq. flyer program? I would like to join BA or AA because I can't move to gold with Qantas because I do not fly Qantas (based in the US and UK) but unsure the value of AAdvantage or BA Exec. Club if I have to start at 0; Star Alliance may be a better option.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I did not know where to post this, but the lounge at DME is BA's or third party? The name (& interior) is not like BA's but it seems exclusive to BA passengers. I am confused
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Geoff Tate
Is there any credit given for members from another airline, Qantas, who have accrued points flying BA and AA towards that freq. flyer program? I would like to join BA or AA because I can't move to gold with Qantas because I do not fly Qantas (based in the US and UK) but unsure the value of AAdvantage or BA Exec. Club if I have to start at 0; Star Alliance may be a better option.
DO you mean whether BA will provide some kind of status match across from the QF FFP? The answer would be no. On joining BAEC you would start with no TP and avios and work up.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
I have just achieved BAEC Silver after the 4th leg of a 6 leg trip. Clearly it takes time for the app to show the new status, but I see that I have only been awarded avios for the last 2 legs at the Bronze rate.

Should I expect the last 2 legs to miraculously be increased to the silver rate, or should I chase it up, or is it one of those anomalies that doesn't work quite right?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am sorry in advance if that is not the correct place to ask this but is it possible to get the tier points as BA Gold member, of a business class flight from MAN to JFK ,operated by AA ,if i declare my BAEC member number on a travel site(actually the site asks me the BAEC number) like BYOjetUK or Travelup,bypassing the BA.com site ?Does it have to be only the official ba.com or AA.com sites to get the avios and tier points or will i eventually get those tier points to retain my Gold status from other travel sites?
Thank you in advance and apologies if this question has been answered before or placed in a wrong forum.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by crestfallen
Does it have to be only the official ba.com or AA.com sites to get the avios and tier points or will i eventually get those tier points to retain my Gold status from other travel sites?
You don't have to book through the airlines' websites to qualify for Avios and TPs. And if you book through an agent's website instead, if the agent takes your number and passes it on properly to the airline, then you don't need to give the number directly to the airline.

However, if you do give the number to the agent, it's always worth checking with the airline to make sure that it has been passed on properly. Alternatively, you can usually give the number directly to the airline yourself if you can find your booking on the airline's website or if a phone agent can find the booking for you.

Nevertheless, if you book via an agent, you are not necessarily guaranteed to be booking a ticket of a type that will qualify for Avios and TPs. Some agents sell tickets that do not earn, and (if you're buying a ticket for travel on another airline but want to credit to BA) some tickets for travel on another airline do not earn in the BA scheme. So you would have to be very careful to find out whether or not you will. Unfortunately, in some cases that involves trusting the agent to tell you the truth, and sometimes people are disappointed when they find out that the agent has not told the truth.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
:)

thank you very much for the prompt and quick responce.The difference in price between BA-AA sites and the travel sites is about 100 pounds,enough to cover my hotel in Manchester the night before i travel to JFK but on the other hand i would not like to risk losing those 280 points.I am thinking of doing what you suggested,book it through one of those sites,give them my BAEC number and then after a few days call the gold member line of BA to look for my booking and then add manual my reservation to their tier point-avios systems.Those are pretty popular sites so i have more chances of succeeding that even if i can see this on travelup site
<< Please note that with regards to assistance, seating, meals and frequent flyer type, the above are only requests to the airlines. We cannot guarantee that your requests will be honored and recommend that you confirm with the airline before departure.>>

So you were correct and i will have to confirm that with BA or AA before i fly.
Thank you again so much for your time and quick responce
Crestfallen
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
as per above guideline, I can earn Avios and Tier Points by BA prefix, Vueling operated flight.

However will I be able to earn Avios and Tier Points on following flight?
- IB prefix, Vueling operated flight

Many thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
as per above guideline, I can earn Avios and Tier Points by BA prefix, Vueling operated flight.

However will I be able to earn Avios and Tier Points on following flight?
- IB prefix, Vueling operated flight

Many thanks!
No, unfortunately you'd have to credit to Iberia's FFP (Iberia Plus) to get any Avios on that flight, so no Tier Points I'm afraid.

http://www.iberia.com/web/iberiaPlusCalcoPublica.do
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by headingwest
No, unfortunately you'd have to credit to Iberia's FFP (Iberia Plus) to get any Avios on that flight, so no Tier Points I'm afraid.

http://www.iberia.com/web/iberiaPlusCalcoPublica.do
Thank you, headingwest!!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA executive club, AAdvantage
avios w/ heathrow express

08 Heathrow Express rail transfers

Collect 100 Avios per standard one-way journey, and 200 Avios for first class. You can buy tickets and get the Avios via their App (which is super convenient).

For more information, please visit https://www.heathrowexpress.com/avios

Newbie and non-uk resident here - so please excuse cluelessness.
I knew about that heathrow express had avois points available but didn't know about the required purchase through the above sight. i purchased advanced tickets online through the regular portals for upcoming journeys next week. is there anyway to submit my ticket numbers or whatever to Avios to get points or am i just SOL?

also as a non-uk resident, is there a way to get avios points at tesco when i make purchases at tesco?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.