No lounge access (still) in KRK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
No lounge access (still) in KRK

BA still hasn't signed an agreement with KRK airport for the lounge. Flying ce as a gold and can't get into the lounge. Though flying AB with BA gold works just fine...
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sadly this is nothing new. BA probably wants nothing to do with 3rd party lounges, and will put off signing for one as long as possible. It shows their contempt for short haul J and status pax. Signing a lounge contract isn't hard, but it does cost money.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I and - in an unrelated communication - another FTer have had a hint that it may be coming shortly. The story goes that the service was launched on a very marginal business case, and the lounge cost in KRK is relatively high for that neck of the wood (that bit is believable). Previously KRK had a poor lounge in the former terminal which led to many complaints under the LGW service. However the performance of the service has exceeded the business plan, with an increased frequency in the new timetable, and one other development - airbridging - which was also hinted at, has been delivered recently.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The rumour mill suggests Jason8612 got to use the airbridge at KRK recently!!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
The rumour mill suggests Jason8612 got to use the airbridge at KRK recently!!
Yes I got to use a airbridge today to board the BA flight from KRK. I was shocked! It was such a luxury. I had to stop and savor the moment (no sarcasm. Flying 10+ years out and in of KRK, to have a airbridge is such a pleasure).

The lounge agent did mention that there are some negotiations going on with BA and the BA Twitter team did confirm that (sadly no date, though)
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
I flew back from KRK on Thursday night,very busy flight,we used the airbridge then,and when I arrived.Ryanair passengers were not so lucky,out in the cold on the tarmac waiting to board their aircraft....
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by liamvad
I flew back from KRK on Thursday night,very busy flight,we used the airbridge then,and when I arrived.Ryanair passengers were not so lucky,out in the cold on the tarmac waiting to board their aircraft....
FR avoid using airbridges, even when the aircraft is on a stand which has one.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
The lounge at KRK isn't up to much. It's pretty spartan and was very busy when I flew out with LOT once.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The lounge is fine, it can be busy if there are a couple of Lufthansa flights leaving around the same time.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul4040
The lounge at KRK isn't up to much. It's pretty spartan and was very busy when I flew out with LOT once.
The lounge is OK. It has a better food and drink offering than the old lounge, but I think it's too small for the volume of traffic going through there.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
The air bridge wasn't working last Saturday when I flew in. They tried, but something didn't work. We then had the ludicrous situation of having to take a bus to cover the 25 meters to the airport entry door.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:31 am

The 25 meter bus trip is the norm at the airport, nothing new there!!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jason8612
The lounge is OK. It has a better food and drink offering than the old lounge, but I think it's too small for the volume of traffic going through there.
The second phase of terminal rebuilding work should finish soon. I am not sure what their plans are, but the lounge is indeed too small. Also the path to the lounge via employee security check area might suggest that the current lounge location might be a temporary arrangement.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by liamvad
Are BA still using mainly 320s on this route? We had a 321 last Nov, but it was a Friday...
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:34 am

its a mix of 320s and 321s

2016-04-27
London (LHR) Krakow (KRK) A321 (G-EUXG)

2016-04-26
London (LHR) Krakow (KRK) A321 (G-EUXD)

2016-04-25
London (LHR) Krakow (KRK) A320 (G-EUYG)

2016-04-24
London (LHR) Krakow (KRK) A320 (G-EUYO)

2016-04-23
London (LHR) Krakow (KRK) A320 (G-EUYO)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.