Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon 2-4-1 redemption advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
I think you're being extremely optimistic here. At the moment there's nothing available in F or CW for 29/8 until the end of the first weak in September (I didn't look any further out) and I'd be surprised if anything opens up now until much closer to the flight date (i.e. not until during the week before travel).
I've had a look for the dates 22/23rd of august and coming back on the 13th of september, and there's still seats. and I tried to do a search for next month, on random days just to see how it is if I decided to book a month in advance. and there's still some seats in J, and even in F.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

I think you're being extremely optimistic here. At the moment there's nothing available in F or CW for 29/8 until the end of the first weak in September (I didn't look any further out) and I'd be surprised if anything opens up now until much closer to the flight date (i.e. not until during the week before travel).
I noticed this to be true when It's off peak both ways, but peak one way and off peak the other way, there seems to be more availability.. coincidence?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
I've had a look for the dates 22/23rd of august and coming back on the 13th of september, and there's still seats. and I tried to do a search for next month, on random days just to see how it is if I decided to book a month in advance. and there's still some seats in J, and even in F.
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
I noticed this to be true when It's off peak both ways, but peak one way and off peak the other way, there seems to be more availability.. coincidence?
I suspect you're confusing revenue availability with reward availability. You need reward availability to book tickets using Avios and your 2-4-1. As far as I can see there are not two tickets on those days or the other dates I checked. I think you may need to rethink your approach to this.

There is one reward seat in CW on 8/23 and one each in CW and F on 8/22. There is also one reward seat available in F on 9/13 on the return but I doubt any of that is much good to you on your honeymoon.

There is availability for 2 on the way out on BA 55 (on the 388) in WT+ on 8/22 but nothing other than WT on the return on those dates.

Also, I suggest you have a look here for basics of booking Avios tickets:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...7-edition.html

Last edited by golfmad; Apr 29, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:14 pm

Nairobi has pretty good availability - head down into Tanzania for a safari, or hop on a (cash) flight to Zanzibar maybe?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Also be wary of using a 241 on low frequency, high demand tourist destinations like Caribbean and Maldives, etc.... Otherwise a downgrade could be amplified....

We were split up and prevented from sitting next to each other, my wife remained in CW, I was subjected to a downgrade to WTP. Hardly ideal for a special occasion, that I'd planned for over a year in advance.

BAs overall response was terrible and dismissive, total lack of ownership for being responsible for the issues it created and I'm still trying to get appropriate EU261 compensation, as conveniently BA appear to have interpreted that EU261 does not to apply to downgrades with Avios redemption bookings as they seem to claim EU261 is focused on cash bookings.. ???

So if they hold that view, I would suggest they view 241 pax as easy & economically attractive to target & select for a downgrade....

Disgraceful behaviour IMHO.

I'll be taking this as far as necessary to seek appropriate recompense.

BA Club World Experience

Last edited by ScubaRoo; Apr 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo

I'll be taking this as far as necessary to seek appropriate recompense.
Given your reference in your report to Headforpoints you may well have seen these articles already but I'm posting here in case it's of use or interest to others:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/03...-compensation/
http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/01...or-downgrades/
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Given your reference in your report to Headforpoints you may well have seen these articles already but I'm posting here in case it's of use or interest to others:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/03...-compensation/
http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/01...or-downgrades/
Yep, good point thanks for sharing, both Rob/Raffles @ HFP & C-W-S on here have both been very helpful.

My own claim is awaiting a decision from CEDR, if this ever happens again I'm fully armed with knowledge & experience to go straight for a "letter before action" prior to legal action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.