Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IAG to establish budget long-haul operation out of BCN [branded as Level]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG to establish budget long-haul operation out of BCN [branded as Level]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes that's absolutely correct (not necessarily as the reason, nobody would know anyway, but certainly as a key aspect of the initiative), AF plan to employ "volunteer" AF staff under new (higher productivity) contracts. That's the same they did for the "Bases Province" and seems to be the new default AF management solution to change employees' contracts without being seen to. Very bizarre...
interesting - thanks for pointing that out.

so it would be interesting to see if IAG / BA considered this for 'similar' reasons at LGW whether on new or existing routes....
Old Dec 26, 2016, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chris1979
interesting - thanks for pointing that out.

so it would be interesting to see if IAG / BA considered this for 'similar' reasons at LGW whether on new or existing routes....
At any rate, it has been my prediction for the new MAN routes: if they open an actual MAN base, a lot of crew who are effectively based in the area will be interested, and I'd expect BA to try and 'rewrite' them into a worse-than-MF/LGW contract.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
The idea of spinning LGW off into its own carrier from BA would be an interesting thought, especially if they have got the cost base there low enough to compete with the likes of Norwegian. With IAG becoming ever more generic between the carriers, maybe it could happen?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
deleted
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luxurytravelled
The idea of spinning LGW off into its own carrier from BA would be an interesting thought, especially if they have got the cost base there low enough to compete with the likes of Norwegian. With IAG becoming ever more generic between the carriers, maybe it could happen?
It's throwing away the BA brand

Why not devalue the operation and keep the same name, thus best of both for a few years until the management move on?

(A rhetorical question, of course.)
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Cymro
Wasn't expecting a three-class low-cost carrier... that is genuinely new.
It's what Lufthansa has done with the CityLine A343s. A small J cabin (with the same J seats used in LH's longhaul fleet). A normal sized W cabin. And a Y-heavy main cabin. I think they hold just under 300 passengers total. Cabin interior-wise, it's really just like a regular LH A346 or A333. Only with a reduced J cabin.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:36 pm

Seems an announcement iminent with EI wet leasing and operating for Vueling.... whod'a thought...
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by gw76
Seems an announcement iminent with EI wet leasing and operating for Vueling.... whod'a thought...
Interesting as aren't EI short of aircraft themselves, given they wet lease from Air Contractors for some of their TATL routes?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Interesting as aren't EI short of aircraft themselves, given they wet lease from Air Contractors for some of their TATL routes?
They have two new A330s coming this year so I assume two old ones will be going across as they arrive, and then the A350s start arriving in 2018.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is this business concept a WW/AC idea? In 2-3 years time AC can move back to Spain and Chair this new LCC then retire with a big IAG pension. BA gets a new CEO and goes back to being a better product all over again. Just throwing my thoughts out there!!! And wishful thoughts!!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Is this business concept a WW/AC idea? In 2-3 years time AC can move back to Spain and Chair this new LCC then retire with a big IAG pension. BA gets a new CEO and goes back to being a better product all over again. Just throwing my thoughts out there!!! And wishful thoughts!!
why wait three years. He damaged Vueling disastrously and signed off on a disastrous for passengers and shareholders summer schedule? Time for a repeat?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I heard this a few times here, did Alex Cruz really make such a big pig's ear of Vueling? If so, how the hell did he get the job at BA?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Wow didn't see that coming. So it'll be a 'Vueling operated by Aer Lingus' service. Good use of the Vueling brand that is very strong locally without distracting Vueling operations fromsorting out current issues they are havent in their European network.

Wonder if IB, EI, AA and BA will codeshare?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:03 am

Apparently LAX's Twitter account let the cat out of the bag, but they have deleted their tweet: http://www.preferente.com/noticias-d...30-264217.html
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Apparently LAX's Twitter account let the cat out of the bag, but they have deleted their tweet: http://www.preferente.com/noticias-d...30-264217.html
Ha, I started reading the first sentence of that article and thought it must be in Catalan... took me a couple of seconds to realise what 'un tuit' was!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.