FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   HNL or BUST (or elsewhere) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1809829-hnl-bust-elsewhere.html)

SWISSBOBBY Dec 20, 2016 4:08 am

HNL or BUST (or elsewhere)

With a number of the members of the BAEC forum making TP runs here there and everywhere I thought it might be a bit of fun for us all to report on our progress (or lack) in pseudo real-time.

Especially with possible weather issues, strikes etc. but also with who we meet on the way... Airport meetups plane meet ups socials etc.

It might also provide some amusement for those not traveling, and an alternative the the normal diet of Christmas TV

Will set up a wiki so we can post our proposed routes and we can link to the appropriate posts in the thread.

The idea is that we create a fun set of Trip Reports as we drink our way through flights and Lounge bars over the festive season.

Jamier45 Dec 20, 2016 4:32 am

Sounds like a great idea to me!

K&C Dec 20, 2016 4:50 am

Similar routing to SWISSBOBBY on the 26th/27th

26-12-16 GLA-DUB but with Ryanair
Overnight Dublin Premier Inn
27-12- 16 DUB-LHR BA 833 CE
27-12 -16 LHR-MIA AA J
28-12- 16 MIA-BGI AA J

JamieABZ Dec 20, 2016 5:20 am

What time are you at LHR on 26th SWISSBOBBY? Which flight are you on ex LAX on 28th too? I know we're meeting at Lulu's but might bump into each other a couple of times along the way as well.

SWISSBOBBY Dec 20, 2016 5:22 am

Originally Posted by JamieABZ (Post 27638864)
What time are you at LHR on 26th SWISSBOBBY? Which flight are you on ex LAX on 28th too? I know we're meeting at Lulu's but might bump into each other a couple of times along the way as well.

Flights# shown...

you could add yours to the wiki too

JamieABZ Dec 20, 2016 5:27 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY (Post 27638871)
Flights# shown...

you could add yours to the wiki too

Doh! Missed that bit in my excitement!:eek:

mikeyfly Dec 20, 2016 6:01 am

Is it not this...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-not-147.html

SWISSBOBBY Dec 20, 2016 6:21 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 27638964)

Idea is to be live trip reports...

mikeyfly Dec 20, 2016 6:35 am

Ahhh I see ! I shall add my (rather boring in the runner scheme of things...) West Coast trip next week !

bowlingformatt Dec 20, 2016 8:27 am

Looking forward to posting the two I've booked in February here next year. :D

And reading everybody else's of course...

T8191 Dec 20, 2016 8:31 am

Having just finished this year's flying, and with nothing to look forward to until March, this Thread will only serve to depress me :(

SWISSBOBBY Dec 20, 2016 8:34 am

Was thinking this should be kept to the Christmas /New Year trips only...

we will see what the Mod's do

stijnec Dec 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Added my HNL trip

SWISSBOBBY Dec 21, 2016 3:14 am

Well it is nearly time to get the show on the road, with a busy morning in the office I will be setting out for the Airport in the next 2 hours...

Will keep you updated as to progress as it goes.. GVA has just been slated in the press here as one of the worst airport for delays.. yes apparently it is worse than LHR.

It is now time to do this thing... so see you all soon got wallet, passport, baggage, camera...

rossmacd Dec 21, 2016 3:24 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY (Post 27643542)
GVA has just been slated in the press here as one of the worst airport for delays.. yes apparently it is worse than LHR.

I think that is more related to the Swiss determination to ensure timeliness, rather than fundamental issues that actually cause delays.

Give me Cointrin over LHR any day of the week!