Your single top tip for 2017

Old Dec 18, 16, 9:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
Original Poster

Smile Your single top tip for 2017

Thinking about your BA travel over the past year, please pass along one, single, top tip you’d like to share with others - err, and please don’t post “fly another airline” Boom! Boom!

Here’s mine:
Travelling CW - never discount the main course salad. It is a consistently tasty option.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Don't be afraid to ask for double items in Club Europe. The crew will let you take two scones at afternoon tea in the initial service, and you can get two drinks at the initial service too. Top tip for those 55 minute flights to DUB and AMS.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I guess it applies to most situations and not just to BA but what the heck...

Be nice to people and we might find that they might just reciprocate by being happier, including BA staff.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Trivial perhaps, but...
When leaving not from your home airport (equivalent of ex-EU living in continental EU), build time for plan B. And have plan C ready too.

It's valid for all travels, but it's the one thing that comes to my mind thinking to my 2016 trips.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GCH
My tip would be more meta: always take the walkways in T5, consider going landside to connect, etc. Heathrow and BA are far more pleasant if you're moving continually -- even if it's a longer path -- rather than moving from queue to queue.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
If you fancy trying Club World but it's a bit out of your budget BA are flying a B777 to Madrid this summer. on 1 return flight per day It has Club World seating in Club Europe and First avaible for Gold card holders to book. Obviously you will only get Club Europe service. Some decent Avios availibility at 27750 plus £50.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:48 am

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
I guess it applies to most situations and not just to BA but what the heck...

Be nice to people and we might find that they might just reciprocate by being happier, including BA staff.
I was going to give roughly the same tip... being genuinely kind, happy, calm and optimistic goes a long way and is even contagious.

I guess my tip on top of that is to be patient and persistent when things might not be going according to plan. Remaining kind when things are melting down around you is more likely to lead to a positive outcome in my experience. When tempers are flaring, a bit of kindness and patience goes a long way.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Main course salad in Club and F is an excellent suggestion.

Otherwise always take the walkway to B or C. The only part of T5 that is blissfully free of people and retail.
Old Dec 18, 16, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
- err, and please don’t post “fly another airline” Boom! Boom!
I take this as a bit of a joke, but in all seriousness try another airline and see if BA is so bad, on par with or better than other airlines.

Proper tip: for the short haul brethren, try traveling really light and not with your entire possessions, board late and relax at the gate - it really is much more pleasant than standing inline and getting frustrated with the boarding process. I appreciate this is not always possible if you are away for a period of time and don't like/want to check in baggage.
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Spire
Echoing a few other comments - being kind, courteous and prepared when you need help
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
You are better, when approaching an agent during delays/cancellations, to have a proposal formulated in advance. They are much more likely to get rid of you quickly if you've done your research.
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Your single top tip for 2017

Well, in my humble opinion I would say to all members here, whether you are a regular here, an infrequent poster irrelevant of experience and/or status if you need to know something and sometimes quickly!, post/ask on the BA Board and on the relevant thread if you know that.

That's where many a time where the beauty of the BA Board kicks in.

Ther are many, many extremely helpful and knowedgable folks on here and I include BA and non BA staff/ATC staff etc.

Just ask, The BA Board is much faster than Twitter! (but perhaps do wee search first if you can/read the Sticky's, Google throws up some very quick answers/threads )

Last edited by PETER01; Dec 18, 16 at 10:32 am
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
You are better, when approaching an agent during delays/cancellations, to have a proposal formulated in advance. They are much more likely to get rid of you quickly if you've done your research.
Plan B & C! ^
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:43 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
My top tip - decent insurance!

I'm more relaxed travelling knowing that I have excellent cover - make sure to double check your employer's cover too. Missed flight, damaged/lost baggage, health worries, weather delays - it really brings the stress levels down.
Old Dec 18, 16, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
Be more spontaneous ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: