Search

Christmas Quiz

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Christmas Quiz

Which of these two photos:

a. Demonstrates a sense of style at minimal cost, even in the aircraft toilet; and which does not?

b. Goes that little bit further to make one’s costly journey a tad less ordinary; and which does not?

c. Reassures the customers that they are valued; and which makes it rather obvious that the airline is not really fussed what you might think of them?

e. Was taken in Business Class on a short haul flight; and which in First Class on a long haul flight?

f. Was taken on a Thai airways B 787; and which on a BA 777-200?

g. Would some give pride to the hard-worked cabin crew; and which might be rather embarrassed on your behalf?

Answers on a postcard please (second class only) to Seńor Álex Cruz, British Airways Plc., Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB , United Kingdom
Attached Images   
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:41 pm

You make a good point. I'm not a BA-basher (or apologist) but I do think BA got it wrong here in removing the flower, for many of the points you identify.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Agreed.

Travelling HKG - MNL a couple of weeks ago on Cathay's new A350, every centre pair of J seats had a stem Orchid in the seat wall in front.

It's the small things that make the difference and, all bundled together, are likely to make people consider alternatives and options when booking in the future; I wonder how many BAEC silvers, golds etc these days achieve their status via other carriers and fulfil just the minimum obligation of four cheap BA sectors.

I appreciate and agree there is some credence to the claim BA remains an excellent airline. My flights to KUL and out of SIN, in First, were both fine on BA; BA gets you to where you want to go, but it does sometimes seem more akin to an omnibus with the recent relentless, dare I say spiteful, enhancing away; especially when other carriers, even in the same alliance, are upping their game.

When did BA lose track of being the innovator and leader of the Pack that others aspired to emulate and who passengers chose as their de facto carrier of choice whenever possible?
-------

As an addendum, the A350 is a marvellous aeroplane; please don't screw it up BA with your choice of interior configuration.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
The flowers aren't coming back.

The amuse bouche may well do.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Would it be inappropriate to bring your own rose and place it in the lavatory? A friendly surprise for your fellow F/J passengers and a the cabin crew?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by timma1971
Would it be inappropriate to bring your own rose and place it in the lavatory? A friendly surprise for your fellow F/J passengers and a the cabin crew?
Great idea. I love the concept of "random acts of kindness", and occasionally participate by buying an extra ticket for someone who has overstayed in a parking bay.

But this would be a step above - something nice for a whole cabin of fellow passengers and crew. Sadly, I am in First much too rarely to kick it off myself. Challenge for fellow FT'ers?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by larryflyer
Great idea. I love the concept of "random acts of kindness", and occasionally participate by buying an extra ticket for someone who has overstayed in a parking bay
I have been toying with the idea of buying a whole BoB trolley with avios on a domestic run one day...
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
I have been toying with the idea of buying a whole BoB trolley with avios on a domestic run one day...
Now there's a thought.

BA's marketing/promo people will be on the case themselves, with the familiar 'See how far your Avios can take you' soon to be replaced by 'Look how much food your Avios can buy you'
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
I always used to use the BA flower in the F toilet in the same way a miner would use a canary in the mines. If the flower has wilted it's time to use a different toilet.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
One could take that as the Carnation revolution of aviation or does that sound a bit politically incorrect.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:34 am

Talking

Originally Posted by gorps1
I always used to use the BA flower in the F toilet in the same way a miner would use a canary in the mines. If the flower has wilted it's time to use a different toilet.
^ Brilliant.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius

In which case it might be prudent to find a way of removing the flower holder rather than continuing to remind passengers of past high standards ....
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
In which case it might be prudent to find a way of removing the flower holder rather than continuing to remind passengers of past high standards ....
I agree!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey

It's like that twinge of disappointment when someone picks up a new car, sees the blanked out spaces on the dash and remembers the extras they could have had...
Old May 17, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius

How nice that we were wrong about the flowers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.