Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room (CCR) T5: Refurbishment April 2017

Concorde Room (CCR) T5: Refurbishment April 2017

Old Apr 2, 17, 10:20 am

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
... but some furniture has already gone to the upholsterer. Remember, this is not the renovation of the lounge, only a change in furniture. There was some delay to the changes due to the availability of some of the fabric/coverings chosen for the furniture.
thats lovely. It's gone.
but never believe BA until you see it return.

in terms of what I've seen for the past 4 trips in the last three weeks (some were returning on another airline though) there is no visible improvement and I think we all know that until you see ACTUAL delivery you never believe that BA might deliver!
Old Apr 7, 17, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Since yesterday, there are new bar stools- a leather and metal combo. The newspaper layout close to the bar has also been moved, creating more space. More may have happened but that area is my usual haunt.....
Old Apr 7, 17, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I've just given one of the seats (LurkerWilf's) a test drive. My only gripe is that the foot rests aren't low enough (I'm verging on 6ft).
I've also noticed that the seats at the dining tables in the main Lounge have been changed- black, with a short backrest
Old Apr 7, 17, 8:01 am

The bar stools have also been whittled down to four....
Old Apr 7, 17, 8:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Silk Cut View Post
I've just given one of the seats (LurkerWilf's) a test drive. My only gripe is that the foot rests aren't low enough (I'm verging on 6ft).
You will appreciate I have a mug, he has a bar-stool, and I think it's fair to say he isn't verging on 6ft. Perhaps you could get your legs shortened?
Old Apr 7, 17, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
You will appreciate I have a mug, he has a bar-stool, and I think it's fair to say he isn't verging on 6ft. Perhaps you could get your legs shortened?
I'll keep it in mind CWS, but I look forward to the
Man himself trying it out :-)
I expect it has been developed perfectly in order to fit his robust bar-talk discussions....

Last edited by Silk Cut; Apr 7, 17 at 9:01 am
Old Apr 7, 17, 9:08 am

Slightly non-related, but the BA wi-fi has been out of action now for Apple devices for more than one week. I proved this issue to Heathrow staff last week but LHR wi-fi only seems to work
Old Apr 7, 17, 9:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Silk Cut View Post
Slightly non-related, but the BA wi-fi has been out of action now for Apple devices for more than one week. I proved this issue to Heathrow staff last week but LHR wi-fi only seems to work
I'm glad you've mentioned this. I was beginning to think there was a problem with my iPhone.
Old Apr 7, 17, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; RBS Black; HSBC Premier WE; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
on the wifi note (having not been there in a while),

have you tried connecting to bing.com in safari or is this an issue connecting in the first place?
Old Apr 7, 17, 11:30 am

The message on the iDevice is "no internet connection", although the WiFi signal is showing.
Old Apr 7, 17, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold; RBS Black; HSBC Premier WE; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The message on the iDevice is "no internet connection", although the WiFi signal is showing.
Have you upgraded to iOS 10.3.1, there is a WiFi issue on 10.3. Sounds like the splash screen isn't coming up properly.

Try forgetting the BA network, otherwise I'll have a play later next week and try give them some tips on what to fix if I encounter the issue. Things like WiFi should just work, and I don't understand why it doesn't (I have a business that fits and manages WiFi units for hospitality and retail).
Old Apr 7, 17, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by csdavidson View Post
Have you upgraded to iOS 10.3.1, there is a WiFi issue on 10.3. Sounds like the splash screen isn't coming up properly.

Try forgetting the BA network, otherwise I'll have a play later next week and try give them some tips on what to fix if I encounter the issue. Things like WiFi should just work, and I don't understand why it doesn't (I have a business that fits and manages WiFi units for hospitality and retail).
Yes, bang up to date, and I did try the 'forget network' but to no avail.
Old Apr 8, 17, 1:02 am

I think they made a change last week regarding wi-if provision and there has been an intermittent problem since.
Old May 13, 17, 3:51 am

Programs: BA-GGL
I'm just completing a six sector BA blowout at the end of my year (May). Despite the 640TP I will fall about 300TP short of renewing my Concorde Room card. The new furniture looks much more durable if a bit 'Admirals Club' (eg the plastic looking sofas in front of the TV at the end of the bar) but there is an abundance of bar stools (at least six).

Though the fake fire has been enhanced this morning I will miss the relative calm of the place. I'm chugging the LPGS despite the early hour in its honor.

Last edited by rather_be_on_a_griffin; May 13, 17 at 3:56 am Reason: Add missing word
Old May 13, 17, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin View Post
I'm just completing a six sector BA blowout at the end of my year (May). Despite the 640TP I will fall about 300TP of renewing my Concorde Room card. The new furniture looks much more durable if a bit 'Admirals Club' (eg the plastic looking sofas in front of the TV at the end of the bar) but there is an abundance of bar stools (at least six).

Though the fake fire has been enhanced this morning I will miss the relative calm of the place. I'm chugging the LPGS despite the early hour in its honor.
Sorry to hear of your fall out of he CCR card holders club, I'm sure you'll still enjoy it when in F and if you use the meetup thread and I'm guestless ans travelling, I'll be happy to offer an invite.

Search this Thread