777 on MAD route S17

Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card

Current state of play in EF.
777, F cabin seats look blocked out at the moment. 10JK on the EF map appears no longer to be somewhere outside the fuselage. Happy days!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Has the 777 come off this rotation in 2019? Looking at booking onto BA460/1 in April 2019 and getting A320s across the board!

Apols if I have missed this vital information in another thread...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The schedule isn't updated that far out - if they are planning to operate the aircraft on the flight/route, I'd expect it to show up in the timetable from Dec/Jan.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Useful to know. Thank you!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Can I ask what the current status of seat selection is for BAEC Silvers travelling in J on this route? Is it still impossible to select a seat or has that been fixed now?

Thinking of booking MAD-LHR on 18/11, would be travelling on an IB+ redemption, then changing FF number to BAEC via the AY route if that complicates things?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Can I ask what the current status of seat selection is for BAEC Silvers travelling in J on this route? Is it still impossible to select a seat or has that been fixed now?

Thinking of booking MAD-LHR on 18/11, would be travelling on an IB+ redemption, then changing FF number to BAEC via the AY route if that complicates things?
F non selectable at booking, blocked out.

Any seat in J selectable.

On the day I'm traveling row 16 available = 77W

So is the consensus F is available at OLCI?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:26 pm

So I'm now booked on BA460 on 7/12/18.

Looking at EF, just over half of the CW cabin has seats allocated. The last row of CW is blocked as expected (bassinets).

The strange thing is that there are 3 _allocated_ seats in F, with the rest of F blocked.

Does this mean that this flight will have FLUB, or are those 3 people in F likely to be crew/staff/GCHS who are getting bumped back to CW/whatever?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
They could just open up and close it again, with the possibility of you losing your preferred seats in Club Wourpe closer to departure.

I would leave your seats in Club, and when it comes to OLCI don't have your boarding pass issued until the last possible minute. That way you can still move your seat around if it looks like Flub will be used.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:41 am

Well when I checked before MMB wasn't letting me select the F cabin, now it is!

Still haven't moved myself yet based on the risk of being chucked out of F and into bad CW seats, but fingers crossed!

What is the advice on which seats to aim for, considering that the seat map is all messed up?

Last edited by mickeyjaw; Dec 4, 2018 at 6:40 am
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA
Flew the 777 out and back for a 24 hour trip to Madrid last week. Chalk and cheese re service.

On the outbound the service was superb. Each customer addressed by name (not that I'm bothered by such things, but some are), food and drink order taken and brought from the galley to your seat. Lots of top ups offered along with coffee.

On the way back it took ages for the cart to reach me. Dinner plonked down. No drinks cart for another 20 minutes, by which time I'd finished eating. No other drinks offered. Went to the galley to ask for a coffee. Much huffing and puffing as I'd interrupted the CW crew having a good chat and eating the leftover puddings.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Well when I checked before MMB wasn't letting me select the F cabin, now it is!

Still haven't moved myself yet based on the risk of being chucked out of F and into bad CW seats, but fingers crossed!

What is the advice on which seats to aim for, considering that the seat map is all messed up?
Personally I’d go for real seat numbers. I went for 2A and got 2A last time round. No idea what happens if you select a ‘virtual’ seat number. Anyone?
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by gliderpilot

Personally I’d go for real seat numbers. I went for 2A and got 2A last time round. No idea what happens if you select a ‘virtual’ seat number. Anyone?
OK I'll go for an EF pairing in that case since I'm travelling with a family member.

On a separate note: You're not a Lashamite are you?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
OK I'll go for an EF pairing in that case since I'm travelling with a family member.

On a separate note: You're not a Lashamite are you?
haha. No I’m not. But I’ve flown there a fair bit over the years!
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:48 am

Hmmm...

F cabin no longer available for selection in MMB, expertflyer showing all the F seats as blocked.

Currently in 10 EF, I guess I'm stuck there now?

Or is the situation likely to change when OLCI opens in an hour?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:02 am

Hmmm...

F cabin no longer available for selection in MMB, expertflyer showing all the F seats as blocked.

Currently in 10 EF, I guess I'm stuck there now?

Or is the situation likely to change when OLCI opens in an hour?
seen that happen before but in my case I had selected FLUB seats and they stayed selected. Try at OLCI but it may be that seats are individually unblocked for golds (assuming F section needed). Otherwise. Ask at airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.