Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
WT+ forming part of the CE when a long haul plane is subbed in on shorthaul has been normal BA practice for at least a decade. Threatening to kick off is, well, rather silly especially as WT+ is significantly nicer than any seat in any CE cabin.
I agree. However what they should not do is to leave CW seats empty just for the sake of it. "Because we can not sit everyone there"
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by benjai
If everyone who booked CE got WTP then fair enough. But if a bunch of people got CW and I got WTP then I'd be very annoyed.
Thank you! My thoughts exactly.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: BA silver,
Is the best way to get and keep a CW seat is to go for a CW seat on booking and not try to change (back) to F when seats become available? Then when a/c is allocated and F cabin is not used you may be be more likely to keep your original seat in CW.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Ps the entertainment system was working today (I watched 5 mins of About Fab to verify) although obvs no headsets supplied.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Is the best way to get and keep a CW seat is to go for a CW seat on booking and not try to change (back) to F when seats become available? Then when a/c is allocated and F cabin is not used you may be be more likely to keep your original seat in CW.
Just to note, this was a 3 class 777 today. No F.
Selected CW then bumped back to WTP.

So the best way to keep it is to pay for it I suppose.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:28 pm

Deleted

Last edited by bhbloke; Apr 1, 2017 at 1:29 pm Reason: Double post
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by frenzie01
Just to note, this was a 3 class 777 today. No F.
Selected CW then bumped back to WTP.

So the best way to keep it is to pay for it I suppose.
F was used today, it was full!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Surely WTP isn't business class and so would constitute an invol downgrade?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:57 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
If everyone who booked CE got WTP then fair enough. But if a bunch of people got CW and I got WTP then I'd be very annoyed.
I agree. This is about consistency of customer service, not the fact that a WTP seat is better than a standard CE short haul seat. It is one thing 'upgrading' people to the F cabin if used, but 'downgrading' to WTP whilst leaving seats in CW empty is going to cause somewhat of an on board stink (and rightly so). I have an infant in our next booking (2 GCH, 1 SCH plus infant), so will resign myself to the fact t that they can't move us from CW (to F) due to the little lock sign symbol that appears against the infant. But equally, they can't have it both ways, so we shouldn't get moved to WTP either (and if we do, there will be a stink).
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
It would still be the usual Club Europe service, so not a downgrade in the eyes of BA. WTP was regularly used as CE when longhaul 767s were substituted on shorthaul routes.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
​​​​​​
If everyone is put in WTP, and CW is totally closed and empty, I would say no. But if some are put in CW and some sent to WTP, then it is at least worthy of debate...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Pic of the cabin:

Pic of the breakfast:

Not sure why but I didn't actually take many photos at all! Guess it was too early which also explains the blurriness...

Last edited by benjai; Apr 2, 2017 at 1:44 pm
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Just got back from Madrid on IB's A340 and I must say, delays and lost luggage aside, that it pretty much blows the BA 777 out the water in all respects. The food is better, cabin is nicer, seats are cleaner/nicer, and has full IFE. 1-2-1 seating is just so much better than 2-4-2 which is awkward for a family and feels really cramped. IB CC were really good as well offering top ups several times.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:52 pm

[IMG]http://imgur.com/40SWhN3.jpg[/IMG
Sorry, this is a bit OT, but what camera did you use for this breakfast pic?

The depth of field is instagram worthy
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Don't suppose you know what cabin the WTP pax were from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.