Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Let us know if you got to keep it
I did! There were 2 other pax in F, one of whom appeared to be crew as they were talking to the crew about their subsequent rotations. J was far from full so we could have easily been accommodated in that cabin had they wanted to close F off.

All things considered it was a fantastic day culminating in watching Carmen at Teatro Real in Madrid!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
...... I don’t think it was a particularly heavy load all round. Interestingly, on departure we seemed to rotate very, very quickly, which isn’t a sensation one typically enjoys on the B77W.
That plane, if they're not heavy on freight and also light on pax is ridiculously overpowered, whether it's the Trents or the GE90s hanging off the wing.

Rules dictate has to be able to take off / go around at takeoff weight on one engine I believe (in case of a significant failure after V1). So yeah, it'll shift.

Remember it'll be carrying WAY less fuel as well. That same plane does eg Lima I believe
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Lost earphones

Hmm. If anyone's on BA461 this evening (777 MAD-LHR) there are a nice pair of earphones in one of the 2A wardrobe pockets...
​​
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
787 MAD flight on Saturday Mini-J was half empty as most of them sat in First.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I couldn't quite figure out what the routing was for that 787. Doesn't seem to be daily out n back LHR>>MAD>>LHR. Didn't have time to try and look it up on flightradar or wherever.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:39 am

Seat map not showing on MMB

Booked on 787 from Madrid next week but no seat map's been showing since I booked it. Is this normal?

Also, sorry if answered already but didn't find, do they open up premium economy seats, or is that just for golds?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by jonkx
Booked on 787 from Madrid next week but no seat map's been showing since I booked it. Is this normal?

Also, sorry if answered already but didn't find, do they open up premium economy seats, or is that just for golds?
PE seats are open for all in Y to reserve if I recall correctly, the PE cabin has always been full whenever I've taken this flight - think it's just the F cabin that is blocked off for golds when J is full
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by obduro
PE seats are open for all in Y to reserve if I recall correctly, the PE cabin has always been full whenever I've taken this flight - think it's just the F cabin that is blocked off for golds when J is full
Thanks, for some reason I'm getting no seat map in the seat selection function on MMB - both in the app and on the website. Am silver so should be able to select. Got row 30 pre allocated, so not that bad, just curious why it's not working.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have a look at the seat map on expert flyer (Can do this for free on the app) and get an idea of what’s available, blocked and reserved
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Booked on BA461 on Saturday and it looks like it has been swapped from B789 to A320 - how disappointing.

It operated on B777 for the last two days, and today it looks like it’s scheduled to be on B763.

Strangely enough, IB codeshare (what I’m booked on) still shows as B789, both on IB app and EF.

Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:37 am

Getting smaller - now A319.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Have a look at the seat map on expert flyer (Can do this for free on the app) and get an idea of what’s available, blocked and reserved
Thanks again for advice. Just looked at Expert Flyer for Monday 13/11 and it appears to be showing all Premium Economy blocked (rows 16 - 21 inclusive) is that right?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jonkx
Thanks again for advice. Just looked at Expert Flyer for Monday 13/11 and it appears to be showing all Premium Economy blocked (rows 16 - 21 inclusive) is that right?
Until the aircraft change, mine was showing all WTP blocked too.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I'm on the BA 460 to Madrid tomorrow and am in 5A ( 3 class 777 per MMB)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes it's a 3-class tomorrow, booked Y (O-class fare) and seated in the WT+ cabin. On the return 461.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.