First Wing at T5

Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Lolbert
As a GGL how many none-status friends can I take through the First wing or Fast Track at T5?
Two guests per GGL via The First Wing. On paper at least, it's only 1 guest via normal Fast Track.

For those who have spent the entire last year only seeing the First Wing, normal security, for those entering airside from landside, has greatly improved over recent years, so if you are on (e.g.) a Ski Saturday it may be better to go Fast Track or even general South Security. HAL are getting good at rostering the right number of staff for the demand, but also the big wadge of recruits from a few years ago have mainly stayed in the role, so there are fewer trainee staff.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Two guests per GGL via The First Wing. On paper at least, it's only 1 guest via normal Fast Track.

For those who have spent the entire last year only seeing the First Wing, normal security, for those entering airside from landside, has greatly improved over recent years, so if you are on (e.g.) a Ski Saturday it may be better to go Fast Track or even general South Security. HAL are getting good at rostering the right number of staff for the demand, but also the big wadge of recruits from a few years ago have mainly stayed in the role, so there are fewer trainee staff.
Please can you advise me I am due to fly this Saturday and will arrive at 4pm at Heathrow and can use the First Wing for the first time, should I use this or just go to the normal check in and security? Many thanks
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Please can you advise me I am due to fly this Saturday and will arrive at 4pm at Heathrow and can use the First Wing for the first time, should I use this or just go to the normal check in and security? Many thanks
If you can use TFW for check in and security I would definitely do so.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CharlotteC

The First Wing, Ski Saturday is a problem at 10:00 hrs, not 16:00 hrs (and presumably the ski season is coming to an end).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:18 am

Thank you
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Telecasterman

Hi, glad I’ve seen your post.

MrsT (Gold) was told on Sunday night (coming off long haul onto the shuttle) at the First Wing entrance to use the Fast Track as the wing security was busy, she phoned me and I told her to show her gold card/ boarding pass (again) and continue through to the wing security, she was through into GF in 5 mins.
Yeah I wish she'd called me - Mrs H not Mrs T, would have been weird - as even if First Wing was busy it would have to be crazily busy to make it worth the round trek just to get back to GF, which having seen Mrs H's boarding pass the agent should have assumed was where she was heading. I'd been through half an hour before and the queue at each belt consisted of one person.
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
OK so I'm used to the walk from the First Wing to the CCR involving adverts from everyone's favourite Big 4 bean counter, but does anyone know why there is now an additional obstacle en route in the form of a series of gaudy frocks dangling from hangers?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCayley
OK so I'm used to the walk from the First Wing to the CCR involving adverts from everyone's favourite Big 4 bean counter, but does anyone know why there is now an additional obstacle en route in the form of a series of gaudy frocks dangling from hangers?
All is explained in this thread!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Seconded on the 'obstacle' aspect ... that was my first reaction when I saw the pics on the other thread.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
All is explained in this thread!
Ah, thanks. I'm afraid I'm one of those who can't tell the difference between designer chic and Oxfam shop write-off, so it was rather wasted on me.
JustTheOne likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Hi

Just to double check - if im on Iberia flight to MAD, I can check in and use the FIrst Wing as normal right? As in if I would for a BA flight...

OR

Do I have to go to the dedicated Iberia check in section?

I believe BA FW staff can also check my visa and put the 'ready to fly' tick on my booking
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by kosy91

I believe BA FW staff can also check my visa and put the 'ready to fly' tick on my booking
If you don't have an EU, EEA or Swiss passport then you best go first to Zone F to ensure Iberia's systems are OK for you to travel. Having done that then as a Gold cardholder you are free to use The First Wing to get airside.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Came through, well didn't, at 6.30 this morning. Queuing outside the initial check desks before the machines. Went to fast track just as I did last time. Maybe unlucky with my times, but not seeing the benefit of FW.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
If there's a queue it's often worth checking to see if it's for check in or security. If it's for check in and you're HBO you can skip the queue and go right straight to security (I know it's not a very British thing to do, but at the end of the day you don't need to queue for check in).
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
I meant the 3 desks just ahead, maybe 2 metres in front of, the boarding pass machines. The queue was there as the other side of the machines was rammed, and seemingly barely moving.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.