Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Wing at T5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by noFODplease
If you have no bags to drop off, but still want to 'use' all the features of the First Wing, I would suggest going in, taking some flavoured water and a cold towel from the attendant, sitting down for a moment by the flowers and gently rearranging your carry on bag whilst you look around and enjoy the semi-seclusion and pleasant air of exclusivity.

Once ready, (perhaps after a second cup of that delightful cucumber water) saunter over to a free desk and get a hard copy of your boarding pass from one of the agents. Enjoy the same premium chit chat you would if checking in a bag. At this point you can glide over to the eligibility check before security, having seen, been seen and seen it all!

On your next visit you won't notice much difference between this and regular check-in, so you may as well appreciate it all first time..
Don’t forget the selfies and insta posts.
noFODplease likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by chipster
I’ve never been allowed to check bags all the way through if I had an overnight stop at LHR. The Ncl agents say it’s not allowed
I have done it several times when my layover at LHR was less than 24 hours.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
My wife got told yesterday at the First Wing that per the rules she had to go over to Fast track security, despite telling the assistant that she was a GCH! This was at the desk at the entrance.

Mind you, when I was Silver I was asked on two separate occasions if I was being guested when I was travelling in First...
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Horatio
My wife got told yesterday at the First Wing that per the rules she had to go over to Fast track security, despite telling the assistant that she was a GCH! This was at the desk at the entrance.

Mind you, when I was Silver I was asked on two separate occasions if I was being guested when I was travelling in First...
sounds very odd that they would send her away as a gch.

Why was she even engaging with the agents at the podium at the entrance anyway? They have never asked me about my eligibility when entering and the limit of my conversation with them is usually just to say hello and how are you as I walk past.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion

That is really weird and should be challenged. I assume she had proof of status?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by KARFA
sounds very odd that they would send her away as a gch.

Why was she even engaging with the agents at the podium at the entrance anyway? They have never asked me about my eligibility when entering and the limit of my conversation with them is usually just to say hello and how are you as I walk past.
I definitely get challenged at the entrance from time to time. Nowadays I just put my head down and avoid eye contact and head straight to the right at pace and am usually left alone as someone who obviously knows where they're going.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, really odd. She doesn't really 'get' all the status stuff - happy for me to sort it out - so wasn't 100% sure that travelling Y she could use the First Wing, and very much not being a DYKNWIA didn't want to cause a scene.

Re proof of status she would have had her BA app and the boarding pass shows status (and, shh, a gold card bag tag*) so no excuse. I think I'll drop a line to BA as it's pretty sloppy.

Agreed - I try no to engage with them at the entrance either beyond a polite greeting.

I've told my wife for next time!

*In BLQ yesterday we were asked for proof of status on entrance to the lounge, despite the app showing it, and a cursory look at the bag tab was sufficient. Not sure what that added to reassure him...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
As a GGL how many none-status friends can I take through the First wing or Fast Track at T5?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
As a GGL how many none-status friends can I take through the First wing or Fast Track at T5?
The Wing - I would say one as straight into the Flounge. In the old days of using Fast Track it could be more without too much difficulty
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

Surely two? It's basically the same as a lounge entry desk. In fact I have taken two through the First Wing before.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
You can check in with as many as you have in your party. But can only take two additional through the First Wing Security, essentially it’s the lounge access policy.

I think you can only take two through normal fast track but as it doesn’t spit you out into a lounge YMMV with more.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
Must be just those NCL agents. Yes, it has always been a single ticket for an evening arrival in T5, Sofitel, early AM departure from T5 on a single booking. It did seem odd but maybe I just got the wrong agents
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Have never been questioned at the First Wing, and I definitely don't look First Class. LOL.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond

Hi, glad I’ve seen your post.

MrsT (Gold) was told on Sunday night (coming off long haul onto the shuttle) at the First Wing entrance to use the Fast Track as the wing security was busy, she phoned me and I told her to show her gold card/ boarding pass (again) and continue through to the wing security, she was through into GF in 5 mins.

Last edited by Telecasterman; Mar 12, 2019 at 12:39 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chipster
Must be just those NCL agents. Yes, it has always been a single ticket for an evening arrival in T5, Sofitel, early AM departure from T5 on a single booking. It did seem odd but maybe I just got the wrong agents
I've checked with one of the Swissport agents in NCL and she was mystified by your post. The default is to through check to the final destination, and on request they'll arrange an overight collection at T5. It's possible that there was a Swissport agent more used to another airline who handled it, Swissport handle all of NCL with the exception of non apron handling for Jet2.
chipster likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.