Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Wing at T5

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I hope theres no plumbing involved either
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
I hope theres no plumbing involved either
Happily there is plenty of 'plumbing' works, but the vast majority were to create the space for the new security area and corridor to the lounge, and were completed by HAL.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:52 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by Banana4321
However I guess that non-EU (et al) citizens already have fasttrack; and EU citizens already have a pretty quick trip through as there are many people/electronics servicing a single queue.
You've clearly never arrived at T5 and connected onto a Domestic flight. UK Border Control for Flight Connections is certainly not manned by many Officers for EU Citizens... in my experience, it's usually just two for all flights
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MacDegsy
You've clearly never arrived at T5 and connected onto a Domestic flight. UK Border Control for Flight Connections is certainly not manned by many Officers for EU Citizens... in my experience, it's usually just two for all flights
You need to take the landside route rather than wait in the queue at the UK/DUB connections.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:17 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
You need to take the landside route rather than wait in the queue at the UK/DUB connections.
Would you recommend that, KAFRA? I got caught at the UK/DUB connections queue last time I was connecting to DUB at LHR and almost missed my connection due to that, plus a really slow "fast track" security lane.

Is flying in on a domestic flight and out on an international flight OK? I've got a 1hr50m connection later today.

I quite often opt for the train rather than a flight back up North so don't deal with LHR connections much!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by rhivolution
Would you recommend that, KAFRA? I got caught at the UK/DUB connections queue last time I was connecting to DUB at LHR and almost missed my connection due to that, plus a really slow "fast track" security lane.

Is flying in on a domestic flight and out on an international flight OK? I've got a 1hr50m connection later today.

I quite often opt for the train rather than a flight back up North so don't deal with LHR connections much!
Flying domestic to international at T5 is easy. Only a BP check and no security screening so 1h50m is very doable. You will arrive into the departures area at the northern end not too far from the low A gates.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:25 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Excellent. Thank you! Then I suppose it's time to get out of bed and get packing
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rhivolution

Yes, so have a read of the T5 connections guide, more information on options and recommendations there.

If I was doing a DOM-INT connection it is a simple bp check with no security, no point going landside.

If I was doing DUB-INT I would use the DUB arrivals corridor and go landside rather than going via connections.

If I was doing INT-UK/DUB (which I will be doing in about 18 hrs) I would probably go landside unless the immigration queue for UK/DUB connections was very short.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:57 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, so have a read of the T5 connections guide, more information on options and recommendations there.

If I was doing a DOM-INT connection it is a simple bp check with no security, no point going landside.

If I was doing DUB-INT I would use the DUB arrivals corridor and go landside rather than going via connections.

If I was doing INT-UK/DUB (which I will be doing in about 18 hrs) I would probably go landside unless the immigration queue for UK/DUB connections was very short.
Excellent. Thanks for this. I'll have a browse through the connections thread later too.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
According to two separate staff members at T5 today this is scheduled for 1 April.

Although they both independently caveated with the sentiment of 'this is BA though so who knows when it will actually happen'!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Artists impressions from BA Press Release.
Attached Images    
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Poo sticks flying on March 30!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Flying 15th Apr and I'm not confident
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:36 am

I am flying 1 April so we shall see!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The pictures above are from an old BA press release.

The ones I ran today are new - http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/03...-terminal-5-2/ The check-in area appears different now.

There is also a fairly long walk from security to the spot where it enters the F lounge which apparently will be full of shops.

Someone posed an interesting questions on HFP:

Because it opens directly into the F lounge, this presumably means that F lounge rules apply to the new channel. This means only one guest for a Gold unless you are flying F. Families and larger groups are presumably banned from the new channel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.