Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pam Ann': BA caricature

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Pam Ann': BA caricature

Does she have it just right. On the MAN-LHR and the BA uniformed (who knows who pays her wages) gate assistant just went and tshouted at the passengers in the gate queue to tell them to put their passports away as 'WE don't check passport on a BA domestic flight'...'.nay! The horses.... whose business is it of theirs if someone wants to hold their passport in their hand. I'm sure they're trying to be helpful but the tone and attitude isn't contusive to a friendly customer service.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by navylad
Does she have it just right. On the MAN-LHR and the BA uniformed (who knows who pays her wages) gate assistant just went and tshouted at the passengers in the gate queue to tell them to put their passports away as 'WE don't check passport on a BA domestic flight'...'.nay! The horses.... whose business is it of theirs if someone wants to hold their passport in their hand. I'm sure they're trying to be helpful but the tone and attitude isn't contusive to a friendly customer service.
They should be checked if the passenger is connecting internationally at LHR and is hand luggage only (ie hasn't been checked at a desk).
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by continentalclub
They should be checked if the passenger is connecting internationally at LHR and is hand luggage only (ie hasn't been checked at a desk).
They only need to be checked before boarding the international flight. This can be done at domestic connections at LHR, the lounge or the boarding gate for their international flight.

It wont be done at the gate for the domestic flight.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:13 am
Suspended

Yes Caroline has it spot on.
Needs to work on a mixed fleet crew person.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by ukgooner
They only need to be checked before boarding the international flight. This can be done at domestic connections at LHR, the lounge or the boarding gate for their international flight.

It wont be done at the gate for the domestic flight.
It's done at the gate for domestics to avoid carrying a passenger not in possession of the correct documentation to Heathrow, and then having to 'repatriate' them back to the domestic origin.

It only happens to those passengers who are connecting and who haven't been checked at a desk.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
It's done at the gate for domestics to avoid carrying a passenger not in possession of the correct documentation to Heathrow, and then having to 'repatriate' them back to the domestic origin.

It only happens to those passengers who are connecting and who haven't been checked at a desk.
That's wrong. Your immigration status is confirmed at connections before you re-clear security and you photograph is taken at immigration and then at the gate, you board if the two match. There is no immigration check at the gate.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's wrong. Your immigration status is confirmed at connections before you re-clear security and you photograph is taken at immigration and then at the gate, you board if the two match. There is no immigration check at the gate.
With respect; I speak from countless experiences at domestic stations. This is not about immigration - it is about having the correct documents to complete the journey and the airline not opening itself to issues that could occur at the connecting point.

Likewise, ESTA or visa is checked at the domestic origin for passengers continuing to the USA. If the passenger does not visit a desk at the domestic origin, it is flagged at the gate.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
With respect; I speak from countless experiences at domestic stations. This is not about immigration - it is about having the correct documents to complete the journey and the airline not opening itself to issues that could occur at the connecting point.

Likewise, ESTA or visa is checked at the domestic origin for passengers continuing to the USA. If the passenger does not visit a desk at the domestic origin, it is flagged at the gate.
My Apologies, I thought we were talking about connecting to a domestic destination from LHR. I now re-read it and see that it could have been at MAN for MAN-LHR-JFK. In that case, you are, of course, correct.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:47 am
Suspended

Yes Caroline has it spot on.
Needs to work on a mixed fleet crew person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.