Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do You Manage With Only Hand Baggage?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I'm with you on the time constraints, but I usually check here, just can't be doing with the hassle and (no gay jokes please) I like my choice of what I'm going to wear.

Having said that, on Ops or at sea, its a different story; you have to carry all the weight as you yomp so who needs a toothbrush handle Having said that, all Royal Marines still find room for a little black dress no matter where they are in the world.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If I'm wearing heels there's a good chance I'm not wearing anything.
I have heard the stories.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
I have heard the stories.
I've seen the pictures.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
I'm not sure I'm reading the ba.com site correctly, and would just like to confirm that for BA, hand baggage allowance is 2 x 23kg?! (As long as the dimensions fit, of course).

And checked baggage is 1 x 23 (barring status, and in economy; with Gold, 2 x 32kg, I'm assuming).

Just that the allowance seems a little excessive for hand baggage - even more than checked for 'regular' economy travellers...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jdtravels
I'm not sure I'm reading the ba.com site correctly, and would just like to confirm that for BA, hand baggage allowance is 2 x 23kg?! (As long as the dimensions fit, of course).

And checked baggage is 1 x 23 (barring status, and in economy; with Gold, 2 x 32kg, I'm assuming).

Just that the allowance seems a little excessive for hand baggage - even more than checked for 'regular' economy travellers...
Max weight theoretically for hand baggage is 23kg per bag, but I fail to see how you would lift that to the overhead.

Checked bags in Y are 1x23kg, or if you are gold 2x32kg.

More information in the baggage guide BA Baggage Guide
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by KARFA
Max weight theoretically for hand baggage is 23kg per bag, but I fail to see how you would lift that to the overhead.

Checked bags in Y are 1x23kg, or if you are gold 2x32kg.

More information in the baggage guide BA Baggage Guide
Thanks!
Guess I should start lifting weights now
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If I'm wearing heels there's a good chance I'm not wearing anything.
Oh - there I go with my split infinitives! I promise that I am always fully dressed when I fly. I am sure that if someone filmed it, all that would be missing would be David Attneborough doing a commentary!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.