Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios cancellation - no automatic rebooking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor

just returning from New York jfk to Edinburgh through Heathrow on an avios 2 4 1 booking. Got the BA text saying connection to Edinburgh cancelled through fog proactive cancellations. No automatic rebooking on to next flight and had to phone. Got through to BA executive club but they said I had to phone the dedicated silver line as they were not authorised to amend silver card holders bookings. Long wait on the silver line and eventually gave up. Airport rebooked the connection eventually but wondering why I couldn't do it online?

No no doubt massive telephone bill incoming as well.

Last edited by martin102; Dec 6, 2016 at 2:32 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I've had this before - feel lucky you got a text from them, and didn't find it out yourself from checking the flight status!!

From my limited experience I think there's a reasonable chance of a flight being reinstated if the weather clears, and there are presumably also a higher than usual number of no-shows / missed connections with bad weather, which I assume is why they're slow to rebook.

Hope you get home ok!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.