Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: Executive Club
RETURN10 usually gives you 10% off
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:07 am

i see this service is not operating at moment at least till 31st august but if it does resume does it negate the need to check in at airport with BA

Last edited by Stephen Harwood; Aug 6, 2020 at 10:17 am Reason: new information
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Stephen Harwood
i see this service is not operating at moment at least till 31st august but if it does resume does it negate the need to check in at airport with BA
it certainly did in pre Covid times (except for when visa check etc was needed, but that could be done at a separate, faster, counter).

Very useful service, especially when travelling with children. I would highly recommend.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by londonsmiler
it certainly did in pre Covid times (except for when visa check etc was needed, but that could be done at a separate, faster, counter).

Very useful service, especially when travelling with children. I would highly recommend.
thanks for that will be certainly useful with some of the queues at t5 lately, hope its back next month
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:21 am

Sadly found out not operating till October at earliest, mind you Crete may be out of the question in 3 weeks
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thias was flagged elsewhere, but BA is now allowing people to check-in baggage on the Heathrow Express platform at T5, from 05:00 to 10:00 hrs, using Airportr. This is free of charge, and available so long as the passenger(s) have checked in online. The press release implied that other baggage drop locations would become available. Speculating now, but Paddington would be the obvious place, in a recall of a previous era. Airportr is also expanding to the Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire areas but I don't have many details about that.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thias was flagged elsewhere, but BA is now allowing people to check-in baggage on the Heathrow Express platform at T5, from 05:00 to 10:00 hrs, using Airportr. This is free of charge, and available so long as the passenger(s) have checked in online. The press release implied that other baggage drop locations would become available. Speculating now, but Paddington would be the obvious place, in a recall of a previous era. Airportr is also expanding to the Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire areas but I don't have many details about that.
The Victoria and Paddington bag drop-offs used to be a great bonus (esp Victoria, which avoided all the dragging of bags up from the Gatwick platforms). One can't help fearing that this time, the system will be under-resourced and soon overwhelmed.

What happened to the F curbside bag drop experiment at T5? Surely Covid cries out for the adoption of the US system.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:58 am

have booked it from my hotel next week will see how it goes, if it stops me having to queue to check in I will be delighted, going to Madeira so should be able to check in online i hope
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:02 am

they cancelled by phone day before pick up said had no drivers, most annoying
Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Airportr have resumed operations for BA's flights from LGW.

The catchment area is Greater London to the M25 and out to Sevenoaks, Guildford, Reading
Down the A23 corridor to cover Haywards Heath and Horsham
Worthing and Brighton.

This is in addition to LHR, GVA and ZRH. AA flights from LHR are also open to this service.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Airportr have resumed operations for BA's flights from LGW.

The catchment area is Greater London to the M25 and out to Sevenoaks, Guildford, Reading
Down the A23 corridor to cover Haywards Heath and Horsham
Worthing and Brighton.

This is in addition to LHR, GVA and ZRH. AA flights from LHR are also open to this service.
Hallelujah. That's life changing for us Gatwick people. Over the past couple of years I've lost count of how many times I've had to struggle with 96kg of luggage on and off the train. It's such a lovely feeling when the man knocks on my door and takes the bags away, I've really missed AirPortr.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
This service used to work on arrivals into London as well as departures didn’t it?

I can’t see any reference to that on the website now. I have a Gatwick arrival where it would be useful.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
This service used to work on arrivals into London as well as departures didn’t it?

I can’t see any reference to that on the website now. I have a Gatwick arrival where it would be useful.
They don't do the arrivals service any more. And they only do departures where they physically check the bag in for you, not the service where they take it to the airport and meet you there - so if you can't check in for any reason, they won't help you.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:58 am

I’m using this for the first time and slightly confused about the airport experience in the morning ahead of our flight to the US. Do we head straight to security or do we still need to see someone to verify documents/ESTA etc?

So far so good - very polite gentleman took our bags within 5 mins and tracking working well.
toooldforthis likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 1:58 pm

You will need a passport scan before entering security at T5. You can just use a self service kiosk, choose the passport identification option, enter the code of your entry airport in the USA, and be careful to enter your passport carefully on the photo page as per the screen instructions. If that goes ok then just proceed past security.
VictorSierra likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.