Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Thanks!
Used the code yesterday for a 23rd Dec LCY flight. it's a perfect occasion: We fly at 7pm and will work all day. So the bags get picked up at home before work and we can just take the DLR without the hassle of bags to work, bags to LCY.
I hope all will work well. To be honest I don't think it would be worth the full price though... An Uber from us to LCY costs under £20, but would obviously be a bit more hassle with the ways to/from work.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:31 am
Company Representative: AirPortr

Happy Friday!

Good afternoon everyone,

We've had a few cancellations from the offer so there are some more free trials up for grabs. Just use promotional code FLYERTALK when booking at airportr.com.

Do let me know any questions you may have about the service too.

Thanks,

Lucy
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Bummer - no time slots

I tried to book for a flight tomorrow and couldn't get a time slot for tonight or tomorrow for pickup. Disappointed. I did some shopping and would have appreciated the handoff of the bags.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:15 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
worked for me.... hassle free travel on Christmas Eve to T5... heres hoping!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:22 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I guess the one question I have about this service is whether bags are priority tagged according to status or class of travel?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
For those who have tried the service, are normal luggage tags applied to the bags and the coupon given to you by the driver?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
For those who have tried the service, are normal luggage tags applied to the bags and the coupon given to you by the driver?
The normal tags are applied some time after collection, and the tag numbers e-mailed to you once the bags are checked in for the flight. The driver does not leave a coupon.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Are those tag numbers sufficient if the bag gets lost? I'm guessing some less-frequented airport in the back of beyond would be a bit confused...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
Are those tag numbers sufficient if the bag gets lost? I'm guessing some less-frequented airport in the back of beyond would be a bit confused...
I've never tried to use the service on connecting flights (is it even possible?) so hopefully the bags don't get lost.

The numbers are the standard IATA format ones from the tags that are applied when the bags get handed over to BA - 0125NNNNNN - so all outstations should be used to dealing with them.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by linzbh
I guess the one question I have about this service is whether bags are priority tagged according to status or class of travel?
Any answers to this. Curious.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by JMurray
Any answers to this. Curious.
Good morning JMurray,

Yes your bags are still tagged according to class so you will receive the same service at your destination as you would had you checked your bags in at the airport.

Thanks,

Lucy
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by stewardo
I've never tried to use the service on connecting flights (is it even possible?) so hopefully the bags don't get lost.

The numbers are the standard IATA format ones from the tags that are applied when the bags get handed over to BA - 0125NNNNNN - so all outstations should be used to dealing with them.
Hi Stewardo,

You can use the service on connecting flights. The process is exactly the same as if you were to check them in at the airport, we tag the bags to their final destination.

As you may be aware, some connections (i.e. the US) do require you to repatriate your bags between flights but British Airways would make you aware of this.

Thanks also for helping above re: IATA tags - exactly as you say, these are the reference codes required if any bags were to get delayed once we'd handed them over to British Airways for your flight.

Let me know if that answers all your questions.

Thanks,

Lucy
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by linzbh
Good morning linzbh,

Yes your bags are still tagged according to class so you will receive the same service at your destination as you would had you checked your bags in at the airport.

Thanks,

Lucy
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by kbins
I tried to book for a flight tomorrow and couldn't get a time slot for tonight or tomorrow for pickup. Disappointed. I did some shopping and would have appreciated the handoff of the bags.
Hi kbins,

Sorry you couldn't use the service on this occasion. Currently we do require 12 hours between booking and pick up time. However, we are due to shorten this window this week so we'll keep you posted incase you decide to use the service in future.

Thanks,

Lucy
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Luggage was picked up this morning. Perfectly on time, really nice guy. Great process with a well designed/thought through app on their phone. Booked four luggage items (ended up with only 3) but app didn't recognise two bags for second silver member. At the end no problem because we had only three bags, but simply little error in the system.

Let's see if it continues so smooth and we can pick all luggage items up in FRA without hassle. Mostly beneficial for me in the future to use from LHR and being able to take the Piccadilly without luggage. (Today it's LCY, being central east it's easy anyway, but allows us to arrive really just in time for the flight)

Thanks for the try!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.