Wiki Posts
Search

How early can I drop my bag off?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
How early can I drop my bag off?

I am flying tomorrow evening but don't want to do the tube with a large suitcase and my hand luggage.

I might use the left luggage if I can get to Heathrow today before it closes. Are there any alternatives? I'm not keen on paying £40 for AirPorter to collect it.

Can you check in the night before at Heathrow T5?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
no.

if you are in F/J or Gold (and I think silver) then you can drop bags off any time the same day as your flight otherwise it's 3 hours before the flight - and yes BA make people wait!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Yes only choice is to go to the baggage co in T5, pretty expensive though.

I just end up renting a car and using it as a mobile storage facility = )
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
How would you get to Heathrow today if not by tube? And if not going by tube today, why can't you not go by tube tomorrow?

The Piccadilly line with luggage is not that unpleasant if you're at Earls Court before 1600. Just get on at the back of a carriage so that you aren't fighting the acceleration. If the trains are coming in e.g. 4m,6m,7m then the third train will not be crowded.

If you don't want to spend £40 then I'd prefer the tube with luggage over going to LHR twice and spending around £40 plus wasting 2 hours.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
I usually take the Heathrow Express after work - having taken my luggage in to work in the morning (on the occasions that I do have a large suitcase). However I work in Central London and this week the tube has been terrible and its been a struggle to get on so wasn't keen on trying to manage it.

I had thought about driving to LHR tonight to drop of bag and going home afterwards. I could drive tomorrow but then I have to pay to park my car near my office which will be at least £40 for the day and then risk getting stuck in traffic. It's taken over an hour to do what is normally a 20 minute journey this week.

I think I'll just manage on the tube and leave extra time. I'd rather have the money this weekend!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Well from E14 5** allowing for the 15% Exec Club benefit http://about.airportr.com/exec-club

Your single large suitcase will cost £17 if you pick it up at the Airportr desk at LHR.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
no.

if you are in F/J or Gold (and I think silver) then you can drop bags off any time the same day as your flight otherwise it's 3 hours before the flight - and yes BA make people wait!
Could anyone confirm if Silver can drop bags off any time on the same day as the flight? I'm Silver, travelling LHR -> HKG next week with two family members (one bronze, one blue) and, for various unavoidable reasons, we'll be at T5 at least 5 hours before departure. It's an awkward amount of time to have at our disposal so we're thinking that, if we can drop the bags early, we'll go airside and have a long lunch in one of the restaurants. If it helps, we're all on the same PNR, booked and paid for by me. Many thanks for your help.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: AC 35K
Originally Posted by frank_poulankh
Could anyone confirm if Silver can drop bags off any time on the same day as the flight? I'm Silver, travelling LHR -> HKG next week with two family members (one bronze, one blue) and, for various unavoidable reasons, we'll be at T5 at least 5 hours before departure. It's an awkward amount of time to have at our disposal so we're thinking that, if we can drop the bags early, we'll go airside and have a long lunch in one of the restaurants. If it helps, we're all on the same PNR, booked and paid for by me. Many thanks for your help.
You should be ok. Silver can definitely drop off anytime after 5 AM. I'm fairly certain that extends to other no-status passengers on the same booking.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by theultimateflyer
You should be ok. Silver can definitely drop off anytime after 5 AM. I'm fairly certain that extends to other no-status passengers on the same booking.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.