Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 9:51 am
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Free for Lifetime Gold members I hope
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:11 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks for the info TCX69

Do you have any spec info on the WiFi being offered by BA?

M
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Thanks for the info, Will be interested to see fare structure for this?

Would be really nice if this was free to status pax, and IMO would make up for the negative changes of late
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Some interesting pictures on Yammer of them doing the install at CWL... I would screen shot them for you, but I don't have access any more...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by stewaran
Would be really nice if this was free to status pax, and IMO would make up for the negative changes of late
My guess is that they almost certainly won't make it free for status passengers.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
But as BA wants to be as similar to Norwegian as they can... surely the solution is to make it free for everyone?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
WiFi on QR is free solely for those in F.

On EK, there is a nominal charge of $1 for all passengers who want to use the service over and above the free 10MB available to all passengers.

I presume BA will give a free allowance, followed by a charging model.

By not offering it for free, it means the airlines don't need to worry about being asked for compensation if the service isn't working properly etc.

M
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:12 pm

Wifi is one thing i don't object to paying for. It is something that is fundamentally a luxury on a plane, unlike a bottle of water!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
By not offering it for free, it means the airlines don't need to worry about being asked for compensation if the service isn't working properly etc.

M
Trust me, when I've paid for it and it doesn't work, I will be complaining and requesting compensation or refund.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
Trust me, when I've paid for it and it doesn't work, I will be complaining and requesting compensation or refund.
Yes, but if it comes free and doesn't work then EVERYBODY on the plane will have a case to complain and seek compensation. It's not all about you you know

If however, it's a paid for "extra", then they can simply declare it unavailable for purchase if it's not working. I mean, what are the chances of BA fitting a cheap unreliable system do we think...
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Lounge Squatter
Yes, but if it comes free and doesn't work then EVERYBODY on the plane will have a case to complain and seek compensation.
But it wouldn't be included in the ticket price, it would be complimentary, so no recourse to compensation .
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
And you rightly should complain.

However, if BA were to offer WiFi for free to all F passengers as part of the ticket, and the system has a tech problem, how much should BA offer by way of compensation to those who complain?

If you have paid a fee to use the WiFi, then BA can simply refund that.

However, most tech problems with inflight WiFi, prevent the system from being used full stop. So as there's no way to bypass the sign in screen, you simply can't use it.

M
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:11 am

No in-seat power for devices means this won't be nearly as useful as it should be.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Dave_C
No in-seat power for devices means this won't be nearly as useful as it should be.
A backup power bank works wonders for hand held devices though doesnt help the lap top crowd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.