Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by xenole
Did see random showers mentioned.
Going to be a bit nippy if LHR is anything to go by!
Yes - am a bit worried about getting back tomorrow!
Last time the TLL-HEL return went tech - for about 30 mins - when they couldn't get the radio to work. We were waiting outside at the steps of the plane for 10 minutes before they marched us back to the terminal. Then suddenly it was fixed.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Popped into the CX Lounge just now and got directed to the business side. No mention of status on my mobile boarding pass - can't say I've seen that before. Just my BAEC number.
Still walked into the first bit to have a glass of Moet and a ginger cookie.

Nice to see the Qantas lounge is between the CX and BA lounges. Shame it's not open at this early time.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Popped into the CX Lounge just now and got directed to the business side. No mention of status on my mobile boarding pass - can't say I've seen that before. Just my BAEC number.

Nice to see the Qantas lounge is between the CX and BA lounges. Shame it's not open at this early time.
Well you could have shown your Gold card to access the First Lounge or when you go to the info page of your mobile boarding pass it will say Gold-Emerald.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:13 am

Yes I had popped in early hoping for a quick inspection at QF. Instead I am booking an INV-ORD with BA GGL line!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by florens
Well you could have shown your Gold card to access the First Lounge or when you go to the info page of your mobile boarding pass it will say Gold-Emerald.
The other times it was picked up on straight away.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:03 am

Have they cut back on the catering?
The man next to me got a breakfast that seemed to be an omelette and potato cubes in a black plastic microwave tray.
The blueberry juice I saw on a couple of trays was individual cartons.
Had ceramic dishes the last few times.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Have they cut back on the catering?
Yes there has been some reports lately, see here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...s-food-41.html
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I noticed the AY catering cuts too, there definitely used to be more on the trays and the dishes didn't use to be in plastic containers like today on the A350
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:49 am

Just visited the lounge next door to the business type one and far better food wise.

Bowls of crisps, thin pizza with goats cheese, beef bourguignon, potatoes, salad stuff, same desserts of the business Lounge but Oreo things and lime Jaffa cakes as well.
Soft Drink machine, beer and wine machines, Swedish mulled wine (in both lounges) etc.

Salmon soup in both lounges and a few amuse bouche type bowls in the business lounge.j6

Last edited by xenole; Dec 9, 2017 at 10:02 am
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
I think the AY catering cuts have to do with some sort of strike so it isn't permanent but rather temporarily.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I noticed the AY catering cuts too, there definitely used to be more on the trays and the dishes didn't use to be in plastic containers like today on the A350
That is precisely what I meant when I wrote, earlier in the thread, that the catering on Finnair was like something I'd expect to be given on a long-haul economy flight.

A main course in a foil-covered plastic container and a Mr Kipling fruit pie, still in its foil, for dessert is not, to me, a premium experience.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:30 pm

Can't believe how many people are off to TLL on the 11:45pm flight on a Saturday night. Practically full by the look of things - well, the girl next to me moved on row back to be with her boyfriend so I've got my own row. 17b unoccupied too.
At least my bag fits nicely under the seat in front, at least in a fashion
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Can't believe how many people are off to TLL on the 11:45pm flight on a Saturday night. Practically full by the look of things - well, the girl next to me moved on row back to be with her boyfriend so I've got my own row. 17b unoccupied too.
At least my bag fits nicely under the seat in front, at least in a fashion
Yes, the last flight in and the first flight out are the ones that are always full.

Enjoy Tallinn!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by florens

Yes, the last flight in and the first flight out are the ones that are always full.

Enjoy Tallinn!
My 0610 looks packed this morning.
Yesterday's catering offering LHR-HEL

LHR-HEL Finnair Lunch
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:41 pm

Well, survived the sleep pod.

Flight seemed to have a load of Brits on it judging by the voices I heard.
Some icy bits on the tarmac and my foot slipped on some shortly after leaving the plane (which probably had my roughest landing to date- more sliding and angled rather than bumpy).

Think I broke the pod as I didn't realise the red buttons opened and closed the lid. Thought they were lights or something but they move the lid back and forth.
Did manage to realign it easily.

Maybe 4 announcements overnight in 2 languages saying to keep an eye on your stuff.
Some Brits playing ping pong or something at first, and another Brit lost her passport between HEL and TLL so she was reporting it to security.
Apart from that, not much after the first hour. No cleaning going on etc.

Little bit hard but comfy enough.
Got chillier as the night went on.
Lights don't get turned off so some light comes through the holes in the lid but nowhere near aircraft cabin brightness levels in there.
Did sit on the foot rest and it drops and the top half pops up.
The middle bit under which you put your bag, makes quite a thud if you drop it!
Set my phone alarm just in case but as with BA seats, you could drop your phone through gaps, but easy to retrieve by the look of things as not too me mechanical.

Few people around even I emerged at 4:22am and the other 3 pods were unoccupied at that time.
Pod near other window was occupied before I took mine and security checked his onward boarding pass but not mine.

Overall, it does the job. I'm not the best sleeper as even in most hotels I find it hard to sleep, so can't say the pod did or didn't fulfil its role, but it saved up to £100 for a hotel for 3-4hrs which isn't worth it to me.

There's gym equipment at gate 6 now. Used or just for the sponsor?

Added: TP and Avios posted corrected 2 days after each set of flights.

Last edited by xenole; Dec 12, 2017 at 1:58 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.