Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Managed to find availability @ £230.7 for Mid-Late November all the way till end of Dec yesterday on the A350. Now Im looking for cheap hotel recommendations!
Old May 9, 2017, 3:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oktane
Managed to find availability @ £230.7 for Mid-Late November all the way till end of Dec yesterday on the A350. Now Im looking for cheap hotel recommendations!
Yes, the availability at that price is spotty between now and end the of October - I don't think there are any Saturday/Sunday trips available at that price.

Beyond November and in to 2018 availability is much better, and it is bookable on ba.com.

In terms of hotels it depends what you want. If you are only there a few hours there is a hotel next to the airport - Ülemiste Hotell - which is around £65 pn.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
It's worth noting that, in our sample size, about 10% of FlyerTalkers who use this fare to go to Tallinn end up missing their return sector and have to buy a new ticket, sometimes on Ryanair. So please factor that into your TP / £ calculation.
Could you explain what you mean Calchas? Why do they miss the return? Sorry if I have missed something obvious
Old May 9, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
Could you explain what you mean Calchas? Why do they miss the return? Sorry if I have missed something obvious
Extra sleep was required....
Old May 9, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
Don't worry about it, I am sure you are too sensible for this to happen to you.

Several people on our recent trip to Tallinn missed their return flights because either they overslept or, rather embarrassingly, were denied boarding by AY after drinking too much beer ...
Old May 14, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Found a decent £404 fare from Newcastle in a few weeks that I am very tempted to book. I'm needing 80 TP for Bronze, which would be my first airline status... this would net me more than enough and tempting to go for Silver. It's over 5 days though so not sure how much there is to do in Tallinn? Of course there is always the possibility of going to Helsinki by ferry and a very reasonably priced day trip to Kuaresaare on a J31 is another option!
Old May 14, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by darloscott
Found a decent £404 fare from Newcastle in a few weeks that I am very tempted to book. I'm needing 80 TP for Bronze, which would be my first airline status... this would net me more than enough and tempting to go for Silver. It's over 5 days though so not sure how much there is to do in Tallinn? Of course there is always the possibility of going to Helsinki by ferry and a very reasonably priced day trip to Kuaresaare on a J31 is another option!
Personally, a long weekend in TLL is enough for me, but 5 days, remembering your traveling on day 1 and day 5 means 3 full days, TLL has enough to do for these and, as you say, you do have some other options.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
You can also take the train or bus and go to Tartu for a day or two. Haapsalu and Pärnu are beautiful too and getting around is easy and cheap.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:29 am

I'd second what navylad and florens have said - there's plenty to do for 3 days, if you're travelling on the first and fifth days. I quite enjoy exploring cities by foot, and Tallinn is a good size for it. Helsinki is also a convenient day trip if you fancy it. One final idea - perhaps not for this trip - is to go elsewhere in the Baltic states. I'm using Tallinn as a base for short breaks to Riga and Vilnius (as well as Helsinki).
Old May 16, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Best man had mentioned Tallinn as our most likely venue for stag. I've tried looking at flight options on ba.com but it comes up with an error on the booking page, both last night and 10 minutes ago.

Tried other flights and it worked but seems to be a problem on LHR to TLL.

Just me or anyone else
Old May 16, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
Best man had mentioned Tallinn as our most likely venue for stag. I've tried looking at flight options on ba.com but it comes up with an error on the booking page, both last night and 10 minutes ago.

Tried other flights and it worked but seems to be a problem on LHR to TLL.

Just me or anyone else
What dates? Try pricing up on itamatrix or google flights.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:31 pm

first weekend in August. worked on ITA but got this....
Attached Images  
Old May 16, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
rather embarrassingly, were denied boarding by AY after drinking too much beer ...
Did the gate staff act reasonably here? I would have thought anyone from the FT community would not behave in such a way as to worry staff even when drunk.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
first weekend in August. worked on ITA but got this....
If it works on itamatrix then it will be fine to book and you can call to do it.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
If it works on itamatrix then it will be fine to book and you can call to do it.
Just as curious as to why it would have this error for TLL but not two other flights I looked at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.