Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
For the last several days all the bookings I've made are showing
"Sorry, your session is in a invalid state, your request could not be completed. (52002) The connection to the booking system is broken. Please try again later. (9102)"
when trying to select seats, both from ba.com and directly on the AY site with the AY PNR.

The AY website chat function has been very helpful in assigning and changing seats, but it's a faff to have to make a dummy booking first to see what's available.

Anyone else having the same issue ?
same. I can log-on to ba.com and finnair.com, pull BA- and AY-PNR, I get the same error message. When I log-in with ba pnr on finnair.com, it says "seat assignment at check-in"
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chrissxb
same. I can log-on to ba.com and finnair.com, pull BA- and AY-PNR, I get the same error message. When I log-in with ba pnr on finnair.com, it says "seat assignment at check-in"
Yes, the AY website is behaving worse than normal at the moment.

I arranged my seats by phoning AY but have used the online chat as well in the past.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yes, the AY website is behaving worse than normal at the moment.

I arranged my seats by phoning AY but have used the online chat as well in the past.
my flights are not until march next year, so I have time to get it fixed. probably some nice schedule changes until then as well ... it was the missing flights to keep my BA gold for next year.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:09 am

When I checked in for tomorrow morning's AY831, I found that I'd been shifted from my preselected window seat (7A, if memory serves) to one of the middle block at the back. I was able to reselect a seat but not one I wanted. Irritating, but definitely not the end of the world!

I'm just not looking forward to the 4:45 alarm tomorrow morning… I guess I'll see you onboard pebadian & JamieABZ
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by squawk
When I checked in for tomorrow morning's AY831, I found that I'd been shifted from my preselected window seat (7A, if memory serves) to one of the middle block at the back. I was able to reselect a seat but not one I wanted. Irritating, but definitely not the end of the world!

I'm just not looking forward to the 4:45 alarm tomorrow morning… I guess I'll see you onboard pebadian & JamieABZ
Haha see you on board with a coffee. We're in the row 4 middle.

I've actually met a colleague in the Hilton lounge shortly after arrival. Same fare (via hfp), same hotel. I'm seriously wondering what the economic impact to Tallinn due to the fare is. Ha.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
See you in the morning!
I'm in 7D I think.
0445, I know, yuk
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
See you in the morning!
I'm in 7D I think.
0445, I know, yuk
Scrub that, 6D
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:46 am

I'm back in 11 or 12 I think. If I can summon up the energy I'll have a pre-boarding coffee in the TLL lounge and the HEL lounge - maybe see you both there! Which reminds me, I should get one of those FT tags, but they're a bit... garish. Wonder if we could come up with a classier BAEC forum alternative. Stamped leather? Laser-cut metal?

As for the economic impact on Tallinn, I've wondered this myself. Must be >100 FT trips alone either planned or taken (the May Do is 30+ alone), and if you work out the cumulative spend of just those, it is substantial - without taking into account anyone else. Then again, the last few days have been the Tallinn Music Week, which is bringing thousands of people here - so we might be but a drop in the ocean Baltic Sea!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
For those looking for things to do in TLL, please have a read of this months HighLife Magazine - there's a 2 page article about the place.

M
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I also did the run this weekend with a stay at the Hilton so probably passed a number of folks from here at some point, although I'm too bleary-eyed at 5am on a Monday morning to really notice much anyway!

It was a cracking weekend though (I'd not been to Tallinn for about 10 years) and the Tallinn Hilton is one of the best Hilton hotels I've stayed in with a great Executive lounge and fantastic staff. I was concerned it would be away from the Old Town but it was a short enough walk so that was never an issue.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I went to TLL on Saturday and back on Sunday. The LHR-HEL-LHR flights have posted but the TLL flights have not.

I have seen a few reports of delays above, but how much longer should it take?

I kept the paper boarding passes if I need to send them to the BAEC.

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I went to TLL on Saturday and back on Sunday
As did 3 travellers in my household, and everything posted the next day. Checked in online on the AY website with the AY PNR and AY flight numbers. Just out of interest, how did you check in ?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As did 3 travellers in my household, and everything posted the next day. Checked in online on the AY website with the AY PNR and AY flight numbers. Just out of interest, how did you check in ?
Thanks.

Well, it was all a bit of a disaster....

Bought the ticket on Amex.com.

Checked in the day before on AY.com with AY PNR and (I think) AY flight numbers. All fine.

Got to AY check in desk at T3 to discover that somehow I had been booked on two flights and the system had cancelled the later flight, which was the one that I had booked/wanted. None of this was visible on AY.com or BA.com.

Queue the involvement of the supervisor, who said he had been aware of the booking and remembered my surname. Lots of tapping and confusion (the check in person did not seem to understand the concept of codeshares) and eventually I ended up the paper boarding passes for all four flights in line with what I had booked.

I had no issues with boarding any of the flights on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Will leave it until after the Easter holidays and if the flights have not posted will contact the GGL team.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
I went to TLL on Saturday and back on Sunday. The LHR-HEL-LHR flights have posted but the TLL flights have not.

I have seen a few reports of delays above, but how much longer should it take?

I kept the paper boarding passes if I need to send them to the BAEC.

Thanks.
It took 2 days for my BA coded flights to post and 5 days for the AY coded flight. One of the AY coded flights didn't post for me so I had to submit a partner claim.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by squawk
... Which reminds me, I should get one of those FT tags, but they're a bit... garish. Wonder if we could come up with a classier BAEC forum alternative. Stamped leather? Laser-cut metal?
I agree. Mine arrived in the post today, just in time for my first trip to TLL at the weekend. Let me get this right before I go - it's OK to hang this huge yellow flag on my bag, but a bit naff to display my nice shiny BAEC Gold card alongside it....?

WSM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.