Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chistery
Well at least it should be back for my flight on Sunday then!
We sacrificed the Sunday A350 for a few more hours in Tallinn/bed. The one bonus was the mid-haul A321 we're on for EDI-LHR!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Wrong thread - sorry

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Dec 1, 2016 at 2:18 pm Reason: Wrong thread
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
We sacrificed the Sunday A350 for a few more hours in Tallinn/bed. The one bonus was the mid-haul A321 we're on for EDI-LHR!
Serves me right for boasting... Been subbed out for a A320.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:43 pm

FINALLY! I have managed to get a decent price with the A350 scheduled for the HEL-LHR sector.
Thanks to KARFA, madfish, flatlander, BA6501 and rossmacd for your help.

Got a weekend in February to price up at £234 for flights and a hotel for £35, being a total Avgeek it's the A350 I'm going for as I haven't been on one of those. Also not been on an ATR72 either so if all goes to plan, should be a good weekend jaunt.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
This is one of the best deals that I've ever had. If your doing this as a mileage run and want to maximise on tier points remember to book on a Finnair flight ex LHR via Hel where you will receive 80 tier points plus an extra 20 for the short connection. DONT book on the new direct BA service which offers only 40 tierpoints and Finnair offer a much better business class product.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
Finnair offer a much better business class product.
For those who are considering which airline to choose and haven't flown Finnair, in what ways are it's (non-A350) business class product much better than BAs ?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
This is one of the best deals that I've ever had. If your doing this as a mileage run and want to maximise on tier points remember to book on a Finnair flight ex LHR via Hel where you will receive 80 tier points plus an extra 20 for the short connection. DONT book on the new direct BA service which offers only 40 tierpoints and Finnair offer a much better business class product.
I take it you read the previous 79 posts on this thread, as well as many of those in the other thread that focuses on this date/route before sharing your comments?

As previously reported, BA.com is not the most reliable source of information (you think it would be). Other routes that give 80tps sometimes only show as 40 but are changed at/after the launch. Although I cannot guarantee this route will be 80tps, I think there are some on here who would be surprised if it was not regarded as sh+.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
While I appreciate that the A350 is an exceptional aircrapt to fly on such a shorthaul route I've flown the J Finnair product on the A320 many times. OK while the layout of the business class product is somewhat similar to club Europe the level of service is of a much better standard. Inleast they serve a hot meal rather than the tasteless salad that comes with BA Club Europe which I always refuse.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:47 pm

Is there any way of doing this without requiring an overnight stop?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
If you could you would only be able to do the A350 one way. Alternatively you would be able to by besting two separate itinerarys.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Thanks to this deal, my planned LHR-HEL positioning flight next year is now LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL

/AE
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
It requires sat/sun stay... but you could combine two tickets and do back-to-back in Tallinn
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by angeloedades
Thanks to this deal, my planned LHR-HEL positioning flight next year is now LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL

/AE
Not tempted to join the TLL do?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by madfish
Not tempted to join the TLL do?
A fellow FTer alerted me to the Do. I am tempted but I am still not sure whether I can make it - I am keeping my hopes up though even if its just a Saturday and Sunday

/AE
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
BA.com still seems to be refusing to acknowledge these flights for later in 2017 (eg June) - any tips on how to fix this so that a booking can be made or should I revert to a TA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.