Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
What is the best way to get to the Hilton in Tallinn?
My Uber today cost €2.81 and took 8 mins to arrive. There were lots of taxis outside arrivals but I like Uber as it saves faffing about with cash.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Have a look at the detail in the sticky in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...her-dates.html

Uber seems to be a popular choice.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Taxi is about 5 Euros. Plenty of licensed ones outside. I don't do Uber and never will.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Taxi is about 5 Euros. Plenty of licensed ones outside. I don't do Uber and never will.
Uber to the airport was about 3 euro and licensed Taxi from tried to charge me 20 euro for a 5min drive. Yeah I'll stick to "doing" Uber.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Uber to the airport was about 3 euro and licensed Taxi from tried to charge me 20 euro for a 5min drive. Yeah I'll stick to "doing" Uber.
Our sixth trip to TLL to the Hilton. Never charged much more than 5 Euro. You must look very rich !
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Our sixth trip to TLL to the Hilton. Never charged much more than 5 Euro. You must look very rich !
Not really I guess, just pointing out that I like the service and it's audit trail better than "licensed taxis". Less chance of being ripped off. You should try the Swissotel next if you've been to the Hilton all these times
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chistery
The lounge was open when I passed it about 4pm. Didn't really have time to pop in. Now enjoying a night at the Tallinn Hilton.
I wonder if they were filming, hence the no photo sign?

Were you in the Hilton lounge tonight? We were sitting on the large sofa. We are on the 12:45 flight to HEL tomorrow
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:37 am

Or perhaps you just look like a local?

For example in LIS, if I get in to a cab (Not that I even do because the metro is cheap and efficient) and ask to go to my house it'll be around 6-8 euros. However when another member of my family does it, it's 18-25 euros. Guess which one of us speaks Portuguese?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FWIW, if you need the steps for you daily Fitbit total, it's easily walkable - just under 3km straight down the road with a good footpath all the way.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Calum
Or perhaps you just look like a local?

For example in LIS, if I get in to a cab (Not that I even do because the metro is cheap and efficient) and ask to go to my house it'll be around 6-8 euros. However when another member of my family does it, it's 18-25 euros. Guess which one of us speaks Portuguese?
More middle class English I am afraid so that isn't the reason. Hilton is our choice due to status. Always get a suite at the Hilton.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Probably already been answered but I'll ask again just in case....

Hand baggage on the Finnair flights.

I believe there is a weight limit as well as a size limit.

How strict are they on they on weight / size?

Whilst I am sure space will not be a problem on the A350 - but space is at a premium on the short hop.

I suspect my normal carry on bag will not do as the weight will be an issue, although not even sure of the size either. So will need a new case for my computer etc.

ta
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:11 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

Whilst I am sure space will not be a problem on the A350 - but space is at a premium on the short hop.

I suspect my normal carry on bag will not do as the weight will be an issue, although not even sure of the size either. So will need a new case for my computer etc.
At LHR no check was done on my hand baggage and not at the gate at HEL either.

On the ATR-72, there is a reasonably-sized area behind the crew seat for storage of bigger items of hand baggage. The overhead bins are very small and some passengers asked the crew directly on boarding to store their baggage in the back area
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by :D!
At LHR no check was done on my hand baggage and not at the gate at HEL either.

On the ATR-72, there is a reasonably-sized area behind the crew seat for storage of bigger items of hand baggage. The overhead bins are very small and some passengers asked the crew directly on boarding to store their baggage in the back area
No checks that I could see today. However, the TLL to HEL flight was pretty full and the lockers soon got used up. Also saw a number of people unable to fit fatter suit cases into lockers. The back area was completely full as well.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Probably already been answered but I'll ask again just in case....

ta
Hi, there is an 8kg 1 bag limit for economy and 10 kilo 2 bag limit for business, but no-one checked this weekend at all. It was amazing to see the luggage they could get into the atr72 overheads, if the bag has no frame that's a definite advantage.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think if you use check in they sometimes check the weight, but if you just use a printed or mobile bp then you can avios this. I haven't seen and weight checks for carry on bags at the gates at LHR/HEL/TLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.