Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
It took 2 days for my BA coded flights to post and 5 days for the AY coded flight. One of the AY coded flights didn't post for me so I had to submit a partner claim.
Thanks for posting your experience.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks.

Well, it was all a bit of a disaster....

Bought the ticket on Amex.com.

Checked in the day before on AY.com with AY PNR and (I think) AY flight numbers. All fine.

Got to AY check in desk at T3 to discover that somehow I had been booked on two flights and the system had cancelled the later flight, which was the one that I had booked/wanted. None of this was visible on AY.com or BA.com.

Queue the involvement of the supervisor, who said he had been aware of the booking and remembered my surname. Lots of tapping and confusion (the check in person did not seem to understand the concept of codeshares) and eventually I ended up the paper boarding passes for all four flights in line with what I had booked.

I had no issues with boarding any of the flights on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Will leave it until after the Easter holidays and if the flights have not posted will contact the GGL team.
Booked my tickets through Amex as well - now you've got me worried ....
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Let me get this right before I go - it's OK to hang this huge yellow flag on my bag, but a bit naff to display my nice shiny BAEC Gold card alongside it....?
It's not naff because FlyerTalk membership is not faux-exclusivity
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Calchas
It's not naff because FlyerTalk membership is not faux-exclusivity
Thank you! Now I understand. :-)

(I shall attach the gold bag tag to the inside of the front pocket so that I can quickly deploy it and get all DYKWIA with any uppity bronzes in the boarding queue.)

Last edited by WickedStepMother; Apr 13, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Physci
Booked my tickets through Amex as well - now you've got me worried ....
Will let you know what happens.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
This may be covered...but didn't fancy reading 53 pages . When I search on BA.com i only see the BA direct flights. How do you do search easily for these good TLL fares?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by brentford77
This may be covered...but didn't fancy reading 53 pages . When I search on BA.com i only see the BA direct flights. How do you do search easily for these good TLL fares?
Need to look when there isn't a direct flight

best to use google.com/flights to search for this fair
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:29 am

After a week, and as the HEL-TLL-HEL flights had not posted, I submitted a partner claim on ba.com. Both flights were credited in about 24 hours.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brentford77
If you are happy to use matrix.itasoftware.com you could try that. Then you can force it to go via HEL.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Got the 07:30 AY flight from T3 to HEL. Until the last minute we were the only pax in Biz until another pax boarded at last minute.

Premium lounge before passport control is closed with signs on windows stating No Photography with €100 fine. Proceeded through to lounge by gate 22. Not as nice although very modern and only cold food or soup.

Interestingly our HEL to TLL flights had no FF information even though same booking. Must be some problem between BA and AY systems I guess ? Will get FF numbers added at gate if possible.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Premium lounge before passport control is closed with signs on windows stating No Photography with €100 fine. Proceeded through to lounge by gate 22. Not as nice although very modern and only cold food or soup.

Interestingly our HEL to TLL flights had no FF information even though same booking. Must be some problem between BA and AY systems I guess ? Will get FF numbers added at gate if possible.
I wonder why the lounge was closed. I used it a coupe of Sundays ago in advance of my 9AM flight to LHR.

Your issue with the missing FF information on the TLL flight may well have been the reason that I did not get the TPs and Avios until I submitted a claim.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Your issue with the missing FF information on the TLL flight may well have been the reason that I did not get the TPs and Avios until I submitted a claim.
I found the two TLL boarding passes and neither had my FF details on them.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The lounge was open when I passed it about 4pm. Didn't really have time to pop in. Now enjoying a night at the Tallinn Hilton.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I found the two TLL boarding passes and neither had my FF details on them.
We were in HEL late March and used the lounge but closed now for whatever reason. Our TLL BPs didn't have FF details. Asked at gate but were told FF numbers were on the booking.

We shall see. Every other TLL run has been fine. Just two more to go this year
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
What is the best way to get to the Hilton in Tallinn?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.