Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
I have a booking for June but stopping over in HEL on the return. Not coming back on the early A350 flight so do not really want to stay out at the airport but am amazed at town centre hotel prices. Has anyone found comfortable simple hotels in the centre?
I stayed at the Radisson Blu Seaside once. It was very modern and had a superb breakfast.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Holiday Inn at Helsinki bus station? Not been there for a while and it may not be that cheap but worth a check.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
That must be a new arrangement, I think.

The lounge previously was for OWS and OWE, IIRC?
Yes. Due to capacity issues, they "enhanced" the OWS access. It's now only for AY plats and golds + OWEs.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by KARFA
There is very little if any Y selling class availability between HEL and TLL from now to the end of October on the BA codeshares. A Saturday/Sunday trip is pretty much impossible. November onwards is fine and all dates should be available and bookable on ba.com.
There's lots of availability if you book BA codeshare LHR-HEL and AY to TLL at £323 through Amex. My problem is after many, many attempts I can't get the BA website to price up any fares because of recurring system errors and other strange behaviours.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
There's lots of availability if you book BA codeshare LHR-HEL and AY to TLL at £323 through Amex. My problem is after many, many attempts I can't get the BA website to price up any fares because of recurring system errors and other strange behaviours.
BA.com will not price it up with the AY flight number between HEL and TLL.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
BA.com will not price it up with the AY flight number between HEL and TLL.
That is my experience.

Got BA to waive the call fee when I phoned to book my TLL flights.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
As per a recent post of mine, you can do lhr-hel / tll-hel-lhr for £198 if booking via travelup.

This removes the need to have Y availablity on the hel-tll leg that day so maybe offers more options even if you do have to book a seperate (non TP earning) ferry to complete the trip.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

This is what it says on the Oneworld website but my partner and I have just got in as OWS so not sure on the arrangement. It's nice in here by the way ^
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Speaking to another FT'er about this a few weeks ago it seems that it is almost dpendent on time of day and how busy it is whether an OWS is given access to the premium lounge or sent to the business lounge on the right hand side instead.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Yes. Due to capacity issues, they "enhanced" the OWS access. It's now only for AY plats and golds + OWEs.
That's what I thought but we've just got in as OWS. Maybe not all agents know the new rules???
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:45 pm

Speaking to another FT'er about this a few weeks ago it seems that it is almost dpendent on time of day and how busy it is whether an OWS is given access to the premium lounge or sent to the business lounge on the right hand side instead.
Really confused as we walked into the Business lounge not knowing which was which and then walked back and asked if we could go in the Premium lounge and the agent said yes of course as OWS. So don't know if it was policy or because it is absolutely dead in here. Either we are happy ^^
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Thank you layz. I just noticed the Premium lounge is OWE only, I am only Silver . Will try the other Finnair lounge. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Great news!
This is what it says on the Oneworld website but my partner and I have just got in as OWS so not sure on the arrangement. It's nice in here by the way ^
Bad news!

Really, glad that you enjoyed t 🙂 but pleased that, in general, that the relatively small lounge is now limited to OWE.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:51 pm

Great news!

Bad news!

Really, glad that you enjoyed t 🙂 but pleased that, in general, that the relatively small lounge is now limited to OWE.

Thanks. We'll be OWE after this TLL run so will be officially allowed in.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:06 pm

Thanks. We'll be OWE after this TLL run so will be officially allowed in.
Great 👍

Must join you both for a celebratory glass (or more) of champagne to welcome you to the Gold side! 🙂
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:17 pm

Great 👍

Must join you both for a celebratory glass (or more) of champagne to welcome you to the Gold side! 🙂
Thanks, sounds good we're always up for a glass of champers ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.