Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
I've not seen this mentioned elsewhere so apologies if it's old news, but BA's Avios calculator is showing its new direct LHR to TLL service as earning 40 TPs in J in each direction.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by gorps1
I've not seen this mentioned elsewhere so apologies if it's old news, but BA's Avios calculator is showing its new direct LHR to TLL service as earning 40 TPs in J in each direction.

Yes, and this means that flying direct to TLL will only yield a maximum of 80 TP for a return trip ; but flying via HEL can bring 200.

The new LHR-TLL sector offers 40 TP's o/w, as you say, whereas LHR-HEL offers 80. Something of an oddity, but presumably mileage-related ....?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Freccia Alata
I have looked at this a couple of times now, am I missing something, what is the flight number for the A350 is it BA6032 with Aircraft type: Not available?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by BreezeMC
I have looked at this a couple of times now, am I missing something, what is the flight number for the A350 is it BA6032 with Aircraft type: Not available?
It is BA6032. Shows an A350 in MyFlights for my booking in January.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by Mapman
It is BA6032. Shows an A350 in MyFlights for my booking in January.
Thanks Mapman, I thought it must of been this flight.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, ICHG Platinum
I did this last weekend 2 nested tickets.

LHR HEL TLL earns 100 Tier points each way

Then a return from Tallin To Newcastle via HEL and LHR earns 120 Tier points each way.

So 440 Tier points for a weekends work and not much money.

The ATR to Tallin has no business class seats and has one door at the rear so do not sit at the front.

Helsinki airport is and easy airport to connect in and the 40 minutes between flights is fine.

Last edited by Scotthun; Nov 29, 2016 at 9:23 am Reason: missing info
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
I wanted to visit both cities on the one trip, but couldn't get a stopover in HEL without the price rising significantly, so I opted for an open jaw, LHR-HEL-TLL outbound and HEL-LHR inbound for the same price. I will be taking the 19Euro high speed ferry TLL-HEL and sacrifice the 20TP.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GK1981
I wanted to visit both cities on the one trip, but couldn't get a stopover in HEL without the price rising significantly, so I opted for an open jaw, LHR-HEL-TLL outbound and HEL-LHR inbound for the same price. I will be taking the 19Euro high speed ferry TLL-HEL and sacrifice the 20TP.
Stopovers are not allowed on this fare.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by GK1981

I guess an alternative option would have been to take the ferry both ways, thus coming back to TLL for the return flight. (though perhaps unwanted hassle ....?)

Anyway hope you have a good time ^

Was in Helsinki just a few weeks ago, and later regretted not combining it with Tallin, which I have yet to see.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by subject2load
I guess an alternative option would have been to take the ferry both ways, thus coming back to TLL for the return flight. (though perhaps unwanted hassle ....?)

Anyway hope you have a good time ^

Was in Helsinki just a few weeks ago, and later regretted not combining it with Tallin, which I have yet to see.
I did consider that, but thought it too much hassle for 20TP (I'll no doubt be 20TP short of something next year now!).

And thanks, looking forward to the trip!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just booked another for mid-January so expecting it to be a tad chilly.
Going to fly down from MAN, overnight at LHR and then fly out in the morning. Less driving involved or I could catch the train....just need to check on prices and cashback

A319 on the outbound and A350 on the return.
First rows on the A319 already gone so having to sit further back.

Took 2L on the A350. The cot position seems to be free but don't want to risk getting kicked out of that seat and can't see there being that much difference seat wise.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Scotthun
LHR to TLL earns 100 Tier points each way
LHR to TLL earns 40 Tier Points each way. However LHR-HEL-TLL earns 100 TPs, which I guess you wanted to say.

There's so much information and misinformation in at least three BA threads plus one in the Premium Fare Deals forum that the casual reader could be confused.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Stopovers are not allowed on this fare.
LHR-HEL-TLL and HEL-LHR wouldn't be a stopover but an open jaw that GK1981 has booked.

I know this is the case because you told me so in one of the other threads.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Roger
LHR-HEL-TLL and HEL-LHR wouldn't be a stopover but an open jaw that GK1981 has booked.

I know this is the case because you told me so in one of the other threads.
Yep, I was just explaining why the price shot up when GK1981 tried to book it with the stopover in HEL, but there are ways around it as you noted.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA silver
I'm obviously doing something completely wrong here, but I can't seem to book LHR-HEL-TLL via ba.com

Even when I find it on google flights and click on the link to book on ba.com I get an error message on the ba website saying the only flights available are the direct ones on Saturdays and Tuesdays.

If anyone could enlighten to the error of my ways it would be much appreciated!

Also, I just wanted to check that I am right in thinking if these are booked as a BA codeshare they count towards the 4 eligible flights?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Scotthun
I did this last weekend 2 nested tickets.

LHR to TLL earns 100 Tier points each way

Then a return from Tallin To Newcastle earns 120 Tier points each way.

So 440 Tier points for a weekends work and not much money.

The ATR to Tallin has no business class seats and has one door at the rear so do not sit at the front.

Helsinki airport is and easy airport to connect in and the 40 minutes between flights is fine.
Is it possible to do a back to back in Tallinn when arriving from Helsinki ?

It is a short turnaround ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.