Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Clareym
Had anyone managed to book the £232 fare recently? Bit late to the party on this one but only 220TP's off Silver so would really like take advantage of it....
The £233 prices are definitely available in July, so absolutely definitely bookable. (Caveat: not necessarily on the A350, however).
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Clareym
Had anyone managed to book the £232 fare recently? Bit late to the party on this one but only 220TP's off Silver so would really like take advantage of it....
Yes it is still bookable. What dates are you looking for?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:47 pm

Thanks - I've actually managed to find it now (using Amex travel as the BA website is useless)

looks like Ike I can get on the A350 both ways too

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:09 pm

Does anyone know when this fare expires?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calum
Does anyone know when this fare expires?
There is no end date. It is just an advanced purchase fare. Could be repriced or pulled tomorrow or not for three months. It's unknown really.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
There is no end date. It is just an advanced purchase fare. Could be repriced or pulled tomorrow or not for three months. It's unknown really.
I see, If the QR sale is rubbish I might just jump on this.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I see, If the QR sale is rubbish I might just jump on this.
Well, honestly, this fare is really amazing cost/TP wise (£1.16/TP). Even if the QR sale is amazing, you'll still pay more per TP than with this fare.

But obviously it's your choice in the end

I'm still in the process of convincing the OH of booking at least one more TLL run
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Well, honestly, this fare is really amazing cost/TP wise (£1.16/TP). Even if the QR sale is amazing, you'll still pay more per TP than with this fare.
Only if you live in London... If you live in INV, you can add the cost of 2 extra flights and a hotel each night in London. Not ruling it out, just not as cost effective unless I can find a way to nest a ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Only if you live in London... If you live in INV, you can add the cost of 2 extra flights and a hotel each night in London. Not ruling it out, just not as cost effective unless I can find a way to nest a ticket.
True. I also have to position from CH which will add cost, but it's still a really great fare IMHO.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Probably still cheaper than coming from the South West. Trains to LHR never seem economical.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you don't mind missing out on the A350, you can get there without a hotel in LON. Getting back is another story but that is because the 09:45 to INV is just too tight.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:01 am

I have been looking at this Tallin deal this morning but I am having trouble matching what I can find on the matrix with what BA says is available. On the matrix I can see several dates at the start of June for a Friday-Monday in Tallin but BA says there is nothing available. What am I missing?

An example:

London (LHR) to Tallinn (TLL) — Fri, Jun 2
Preferred cabin is not available on some flights.

London (LHR) to Helsinki (HEL) — Fri, Jun 2
British Airways 6032
Dep: 10:20 am
Arr: 3:15 pm
2h 55m
Airbus A350
Business (I)
Meal
OPERATED BY FINNAIR
Layover in HEL
1h 10m

Helsinki (HEL) to Tallinn (TLL) — Fri, Jun 2
British Airways 6013
Dep: 4:25 pm
Arr: 5:00 pm
0h 35m
ATR 72
Economy (Y)
OPERATED BY NORDIC REGIONAL AIRLINES FOR FINNAIR
Tallinn (TLL) to London (LHR) — Mon, Jun 5
Long layoverOvernight flightPreferred cabin is not available on some flights.

Tallinn (TLL) to Helsinki (HEL) — Mon, Jun 5
British Airways 6010
Dep: 12:50 pm
Arr: 1:20 pm
0h 30m
ATR 72
Economy (Y)
OPERATED BY NORDIC REGIONAL AIRLINES FOR FINNAIR
Layover in HEL
18h 40m

Helsinki (HEL) to London (LHR) — Tue, Jun 6
British Airways 6031
Dep: 8:00 am
Arr: 9:10 am
3h 10m
Airbus A350
Business (I)
Meal
OPERATED BY FINNAIR
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by wytco0
I have been looking at this Tallin deal this morning but I am having trouble matching what I can find on the matrix with what BA says is available. On the matrix I can see several dates at the start of June for a Friday-Monday in Tallin but BA says there is nothing available. What am I missing?
There is a tedious "bug" on ba.com which prevents showing "the deal" on dates after the end of March... the wisdom here is that BA introduces a direct LHR-TLL service from then which overrides the HEL routing.

Here's the tedious part as way of workaround: in ba.com. Chose 24/3 and 27/3 as your dates. "The deal" appears on a number of flights. Now scroll down to Inbound section of page and click on "next week" to advance the date range on a week. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TICKED THE "ALSO CHANGE INBOUND DATES". After clicking 10 or so times you will get to your preferred date range which shows "the deal" prices.

Alternatively, others have said booking by an online travel agent, Expedia etc, will give you prices immediately, but I usually prefer to go through ba.com directly, for subsequent ease of managing my booking [or so I am led to believe]

NTFM
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
BTW, much more info on all things related to "the deal" on Tallin Do thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...her-dates.html
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
I just booked for July using eDreams. It found the fares easily unlike the BA site. One way on the A350. Flights went into MMB and seats reserved on Finnair site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.