Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus & British Airways - Codeshares & Terms

Aer Lingus & British Airways - Codeshares & Terms

Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nikko5
Would anyone know if the new Aer Lingus/Emerald Airlines routes starting in March & April are likely to get BA codeshares?
https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/ne...egional-routes
They should do. All the previous Aer Lingus regional routes run by Stobart had them and they were bookable as standalone BA codeshares on BA.com. It would be a surprise if they are not added to the new Aer Lingus franchisee.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
They should do. All the previous Aer Lingus regional routes run by Stobart had them and they were bookable as standalone BA codeshares on BA.com. It would be a surprise if they are not added to the new Aer Lingus franchisee.
Thanks Karfa. It is now January and some of these routes start in 2 months time, so thought this might have been agreed by now! I can appreciate its probably not top of BA or EIs list of priorities right now though.

Managed to transfer Avios from BAEC to my Avios.com account and book the couple of EI flights I wanted that way instead. Interestingly (to me at least), these now have 125-....... ticket numbers.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by KARFA
indeed, although previously the BA code was missing from the transatlantic bit as code-sharing hadnt started properly on DUB-USA before the pandemic hit. Now, finally, we will have both regional and transatlantic codeshares. This will make it a lot easier to mix/match routings and travel dates. Fingers crossed well get deeper Loganair codeshare as well.

If EI wont join Oneworld, this is the next best thing
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can any knowledgeable person explain the bizarre Avios pricing for this booking MAN to BHD this Sunday at 20.15 Booking on BA.com with Emerald Airlines on behalf of Aer Lingus. Taxes and charges off the scale for a one way SH. I assume this is due to a lack of RFS on code share? I'm booking for my niece so I cant transfer to my AerClub account to book.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, no RFS there. For a cash fare the taxes/fees/charges are:

United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge Departures (UB) 23.30
United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty APD(GB) 13.00
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YR) 23.00
-----------------------------------------------------------
Total 59.30
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The bit I can answer is that there isn't RFS on a codeshare, it has to be BA operated, with the exception of LHR-MAD and some Iberia linked services. This is in essence a 90 to 105 ticket, so the 1275 Avios is nearest the bottom of that range.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks Karfa, still better value than even an Easyjet cash fare so I'll have to suck it up.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:16 am

For clarity this isnt a codeshare, it will book under the EI prime number and is simply an EI flight booked using avios. It happens to be operated by Emerald but thats by the by. RFS simply isnt available on partner flights (save the exception above).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.