Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]

Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Routes to/from LGW*/LCY/STN are NOT affected. Only flights to/from LHR* are potentially affected. If you think you may be affected, post 2714 (click here) may be helpful.

*The LGW-JFK flight has seen a lot of cancellations for the current strike period.

Current strike period:
  • None

Next announced strike period:

Previous strike periods:
    • 25th December 2016 from 00:01 for 48 hours. (Strike action was suspended following ACAS discussions and revised offer.)
    • 10th & 11th January 2017
    • 19th January 2017 for 72 hours until 21st January
    • 5th-7th & 9th-11th February 2017
    • 17th-20th February 2017
    • 22nd-25th February 2017
    • 3rd-9th March 2017
    • 16th-19th June 2017 (suspended pending further ACAS talks)
    • 1st-16th July 2017
    • 19th July-1st August 2017
    • 2nd-15th August 2017
    • 16th-30th August 2017

Routes affected:
    As a possible indication, for the fifth strike period BA announced the following cancellations:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27910044-post2131.html as well as flights to and from Doha on all affected days (17 - 20 February).

Mixed fleet routes are listed here, though note that other (non Mixed Fleet) flights from Heathrow are also being cancelled.

Note for context in terms of how many routes might actually be affected: there are about 4000 members of MF (of which ~2,700 are Unite members and therefore eligible to take industrial action) and 15,000 total cabin crew

Background Details from BA:
    Strike 19th July-1st August
    2nd August-16th August

Background Details from Unite:
    http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/br...ty-pay-levels/
    http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/br...refuses-talks/

Latest negotiating position:
    Talks at ACAS in June appear to have failed, with a further two week strike commencing 1st July announced on 16th June.

Key upcoming dates:
    • Latest negotiated position (@ 23rd Oct 2017) between BA & Unite to be balloted. Rumoured that the union is recommending acceptance.

Ballot results for industrial action:
    • First ballot, November 2016: Yes 79.5%, No 20.5%
    • Second ballot, December 2016: Yes 70%, No 30%
    • Third ballot, March 2017: Yes 56%, No 44%, turnout 72%
    Print Wikipost

BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]

Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:57 pm
    Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
    Info here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38411683
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:57 pm
    Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
    Originally Posted by McCoy
    BBC News also reporting strikes suspended.
    That is a positive sound.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:01 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
    Best wishes to MF for a decent offee from BA, making it a really Happy Christmas. Good luck, guys and gals.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
    Originally Posted by T8191
    Best wishes to MF for a decent offee from BA, making it a really Happy Christmas. Good luck, guys and gals.
    Thank you Uncle T. We have received an email from the union saying they will be sending in the morning the offer which has been brokered at ACAS for us to be balloted on. I am excited to see it.

BA have just sent a generic email from Alex Cruz saying the strike has been suspended and thanking those who volunteered to come in. No offer of thanks or warm wishes to the cabin crew.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
    Originally Posted by Lite
    Thank you Uncle T. We have received an email from the union saying they will be sending in the morning the offer which has been brokered at ACAS for us to be balloted on. I am excited to see it.

BA have just sent a generic email from Alex Cruz saying the strike has been suspended and thanking those who volunteered to come in. No offer of thanks or warm wishes to the cabin crew.
    If the deal isn't a great one, am also a huge supporter of the MF strikes.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:01 pm

Good. I hope the deal is good for Mixed Fleet.

At least I won't have to fly aircraft round in circles this time. (I didn't last time, nobody did. But it makes some people feel better to think that we did)

​​​​​​
    ​​
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
    Originally Posted by McCoy
    BBC News also reporting strikes suspended.
    Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
    That is a positive sound.
    Positive news indeed, let's hope it's an offer MF are happy to accept.

Out of curiosity what's the sort of timeline for us travelling public to know if the offer made has been accepted or not by MF. Kinda unwilling to book any BA short haul at the minute for the coming month or 2.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
    Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
    Positive news indeed, let's hope it's an offer MF are happy to accept.

Out of curiosity what's the sort of timeline for us travelling public to know if the offer made has been accepted or not by MF. Kinda unwilling to book any BA short haul at the minute for the coming month or 2.
    We have been told by the union tonight that they will send out details of the revised pay deal tomorrow, alongside the details of how we re-ballot. If we were to reject the pay deal, then they would renotify the company that industrial action would take place in January, but again, would need 7 days notice before it were to begin. So the industrial action is very much suspended rather than cancelled but I really hope for everyone's sake that it is a fairer offer with a commitment to working collaboratively. Sadly, I'm expecting I have far too sunny an outlook on the world in trying to see the best in everyone.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
    Hope both sides come out feeling each struck a good deal.
    Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
    Originally Posted by Lite
    We have been told by the union tonight that they will send out details of the revised pay deal tomorrow, alongside the details of how we re-ballot. If we were to reject the pay deal, then they would renotify the company that industrial action would take place in January, but again, would need 7 days notice before it were to begin. So the industrial action is very much suspended rather than cancelled but I really hope for everyone's sake that it is a fairer offer with a commitment to working collaboratively. Sadly, I'm expecting I have far too sunny an outlook on the world in trying to see the best in everyone.
    I would hope it's a decent deal, otherwise your union have sold you down the river!

Fully support any strikes by BA staff. Crux and co have ruined our beloved flag carrying airline! Up the workers...
    Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
    I really hope MF get a decent deal out of this, why can't BA see that their people are their best asset? I commute Portsmouth to Edinburgh and have several options including EasyJet, Flybe, the train and driving (and I've tried them all) but BA gets my money in a large part because of their crews.
    Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:50 pm

So how has the offer been received? Is it likely to be voted in favour?
    Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
    Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
    So how has the offer been received? Is it likely to be voted in favour?
    Sources are telling me that the Union recommendation is to REJECT the offer. Unite union were obliged to put the offer to the members after acas talks.
    Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:39 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
    Originally Posted by Dicksbits
    Sources are telling me that the Union recommendation is to REJECT the offer. Unite union were obliged to put the offer to the members after acas talks.
    I've heard that they are not recommending which isn't the same, I see some interesting times ahead.
    Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
    Originally Posted by Can I help you
    I've heard that they are not recommending which isn't the same, I see some interesting times ahead.
    Looks like counter offer will be submitted Dec 27......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.