Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade from C to F with on business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
Upgrade from C to F with on business

I would like to book a business class ticket with an upgrade with onbusiness points. Which class do I have to book for this upgrade?

I called BA and they told me only D class is available. When I try to book this online I get normal I class ticket prices from London. But when I start my ticket in Amsterdam or Dusseldorf I get prices like 8000-9000 euro + points (more expensive then regular paid first class).
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:55 am

I have noticed the same. My guess is that the booking engine does not manage to find through-fares when upgrading (it-bug) and just combine a bunch of full fare one-way segments.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:53 am

I will have to check this but i think there is a limitation which booking classes can be used when doing an upgrade with points booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.