Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Amusing, if I try and select a seat on one of my segments, it shows me a 3 row CE seatmap with all seats unavailable. Presumably the virtual curtain has yet to be moved back to accomodate me.

On another segment I had automatically been placed into CE.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Couple of data points on my ET flights post 1st April, all straight domestics with no connections. I'll use the GLA flights for consistency:

7x LHR-GLA: Been shifted from row 1 in each to what seems like a completely random seat behind (hasn't taken into account my window preference in all, for example), some exit rows, some not. In all cases the CE cabin is rows 1-3 and there are no 'curtain buffers' in place.

5x GLA-LCY: Not been shifted as I always sit in the back row on these flights. 4/5 have CE in rows 1-7, and 1/5 has CE in 1-4. Again, no 'curtain buffer' seat blocking.

EDI/INV flights looking similar. No indication of a blocked section at the front for Golds, but there isn't in ET so why would there be on domestics! My CE domestics coming up aren't completely loaded yet, and I'm not free to move about the cabin. To be expected, as I expect further adjustments are ongoing.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by technical_bob
Amusing, if I try and select a seat on one of my segments, it shows me a 3 row CE seatmap with all seats unavailable. Presumably the virtual curtain has yet to be moved back to accomodate me.

On another segment I had automatically been placed into CE.
Same on my now-CE flights: some automatic seat-shifting into row 1, some where I can select new seats but they won't save, and on one flight, we have four seats reserved for two people .
Hopefully all will be well in time.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

So my J class upgraded WTP return connection (LHR NCL) on 24th April allows us to select seats for free. We've been moved from 6A and B to 2A and C. I was then able to select 1 D and F. There were a couple of other seats available on this booking. My husband is U class on the same flight and could pay to select a seat in rows 1-3 but all are blocked (my son on the same booking has bronze but no other status).
No changes as yet on either 5th April booking.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure I'm fully understanding how today's changes are working. Have several bookings over April, May and June. All except one has me in CE cabin on GLA/LHR/XXX or EDI/LHR/XXX bookings. However, on a GLA/LHR/CDG booked in CE on the first sector we have been moved from 1A and 1B to 7A and 7B yet the opening page on the App says I'm in CE.
Looking at booking classes it says GLA/LHR and return is in either O or N whereas the LHR/CDG has us booked in I class.
So on a CE booking I make half the journey in ET, is that the case?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Seats for 5 out of 6 domestics changed today - will try and sort out the logic tomorrow or should I say lack of logic.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
All seats shifted now on my 6 sectors in MMB. Row 1 to Row 7 in all but one and a Row 4 on A319 when bumped back to ET

Reward seats in CE have been loaded already for at least one of the flights affected, but website not entertaining the idea of upgrading using avios or money. Not holding out hope that will change once things settle down
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Still in CE for my LHR-MAN / MAN-LHR flights in May according to the app.
MMB is bright red with those flights cancelled and I'm in seat 4A now instead of row 1. Avios seem to have increases by over 1000 as well, at least so far.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Just booked my first CE domestic with avios
This truly IS a BA enhancement
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA silver
Well flight from Aberdeen on 2nd April shows as CE now but no seats showing as available. Returns are ok.
And a batch of other flights down as cancelled but new ones showing are actually identical to the cancelled ones
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:17 pm

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
A couple of my LHR/LGW -> EDI/GLA legs have just changed, although most were HBO and they haven't changed at all.

Those on plus fairs have "cancelled and rebooked" according to MMB, but I can't actually select a different time on anything. When I attempt to do so it tells me I need to leave 120mins for my connection, even though I don't have any.

I'm being offered £65 on one date for an upgrade to CE (which is still above my upgrade threshold on such a short flight if I don't need the TP's. I think as a Gold I'd need it to be like < £20 to bite). The other extreme is the £326 upgrade, which, well ...

I'd hoped to use this as an option to ninja cancel a flight I no longer need that isn't refundable, but I can't cancel anything right now even though the website tells me I can and I suspect by the time the IT systems are fixed (apparently at 8am this morning) then I won't be able to cancel anything anymore.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
What is the extra £7.50 tax on a domestic CE Avios redemption for? Surely domestic fees are domestic fees? I smell a rat (or more likely, a fat cat)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EDIer
What is the extra £7.50 tax on a domestic CE Avios redemption for? Surely domestic fees are domestic fees? I smell a rat (or more likely, a fat cat)
APD is £13 higher in CE, so RFS is capping that. I wouldn't complain! In any event, it's in line with the rest of the Club Europe Avios fees.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Are you referring to £17.50 vs £25? Surely that's just representing the normal difference between any economy vs club redemption which is what this effectively brings in - APD would go up for one in a Club cabin so the taxes that BA are charged for this will be changing.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIer
Taxes/fees/charges for short haul RFS are capped at £17.50 for ET and £25.00 for CE. This has been the case for years. If you prefer to pay the uncapped rates for domestic flights you will fine they are higher:

LHR-EDI one way in Y
United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge Departures (UB) £19.70
United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty Apd (GB) £13.00

LHR-EDI one way in J
United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge Departures (UB) £19.70
United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty Apd (GB) £26.00

The actual increase going from Y to J is £13 all due to APD. The increase in fees for an RFS is only £7.50. BA are paying the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.