Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
As already noted though MAN and LBA are the two shortest domestic routes, and both are virtually the same length as LGW-JER which already has a CE service. There would be no need to come up with a product to suit, the product is already there and can merely be copied from JER on to LBA/MAN.

The other domestic routes are longer and one could copy the service from say AMS or BRU etc.
Yes am aware the products are already there.
There is an opportunity to have a product to suit a shorter flight, have been in CE LGW-JER and it was too rushed for me.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by brunos
If BA can manage it on all its European destinations, it can certainly manage it on domestic ones. The number of rows preassigned to CE is variable and varies until departure.
Frankly, it seems to me to the benefit of the pax. There are a lot of premium pax who connect to/from a non-London point. My Hong Kong colleagues are always upset when they need to connect to BA domestic when they come off BA longhaul in J/F. Competition do fly to other points in UK with longhaul ac.

Funny to see how a real enhancement for premium pax is so intensively criticized.
I think there has been a lot of qualified support for the concept, if not a little concern over the detail, understandable given BA has not been massively forthcoming about the arrangements.

Will be happy if my domestic connection TPs go up to 40.

Last edited by Worcester; Feb 18, 2017 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
The cynic in me says they'll "harmonise" jersey at the same time but maybe not.
Originally Posted by BA6501
Perhaps we could see JER moving to 20 TPs?
BA face more competition in the JER market than ever since U2 started flights.

Many Jersey locals remain unhappy that BA fly to LGW rather than LHR (as they did many years ago). The competition offers flights to other U.K. airports and therefore other connection opportunities.

Mess around with the JER product and you risk losing some pretty lucrative business.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Mess around with the JER product and you risk losing some pretty lucrative business.
We saw some evidence of this with the South lounges issue before the First lounge was opened: Jersey passengers, along with JFK and the highly lucrative BDA passengers, were invited to use the Clubrooms, despite it getting somewhat crowded in there. My interpretation was that JER was seen as a special route. So I would also think it highly unlikely they would make any changes there. On the other hand there are plenty of other TP anomalies out there.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, EI Aer Club, LifeMiles
I do find it strange that BA don't fly a couple of daily JER rotations from LHR due to the connectivity and thus revenue and yield enhancement this route would offer.

Any ideas why anyone?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:42 am

In some ways this is a downgrade for status passengers in Y who would have seats near the front of the aircraft.

I'm not on domestics much but when I have been I've found the service much better than elite in ET.

For one thing, the Cabin Manager normally looks after the first few rows, and service would be prompt.

I know the answer is to pay for the new Club Domestic. That said, for status passengers in Y on GLA, EDI, BHD services particularly this is an 'enhancement'.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
In some ways this is a downgrade for status passengers in Y who would have seats near the front of the aircraft.

I'm not on domestics much but when I have been I've found the service much better than elite in ET.

For one thing, the Cabin Manager normally looks after the first few rows, and service would be prompt.

I know the answer is to pay for the new Club Domestic. That said, for status passengers in Y on GLA, EDI, BHD services particularly this is an 'enhancement'.
​​​​​​​Again bringing them into line with Y pax in the rest of European shorthaul
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:14 pm

Which fare buckets do you think will be in Club Europe ?

i'm travelling EDI-LHR-ATH in July. I'm booked in I class on both flights, which is currently economy on the domestic sector and Club Europe on the sector to Athens.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:21 pm

With the advent of short-haul "Club Everywhere", is there any chance that BA will "de-densify the first few rows to give extra legroom? They could then charge a premium on the day to passengers wanting to move from further back into any extra legroom seats behind the curtain. I think, on the basis of very limited experience, that KLM offer something like this.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I class will book into the club Europe cabin according to Raffles post in head for points....
http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/02...europe-launch/
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by RGS5526
With the advent of short-haul "Club Everywhere", is there any chance that BA will "de-densify the first few rows to give extra legroom? They could then charge a premium on the day to passengers wanting to move from further back into any extra legroom seats behind the curtain. I think, on the basis of very limited experience, that KLM offer something like this.
Thank you so much RGS5526!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLMkitty
Which fare buckets do you think will be in Club Europe ?

i'm travelling EDI-LHR-ATH in July. I'm booked in I class on both flights, which is currently economy on the domestic sector and Club Europe on the sector to Athens.
J/C/D/R/I/U and confusingly, Y

(According to Raffles)

That is believable because "Business UK" was sometimes sold in full Y class. Still, it will confuse matters.

Originally Posted by The Lion
I do find it strange that BA don't fly a couple of daily JER rotations from LHR due to the connectivity and thus revenue and yield enhancement this route would offer.

Any ideas why anyone?
No competition for connecting traffic. No other network airline flies to JER except AB and EI on a seasonal and infrequent basis. So why bother?

I suppose BE could in theory offer some feed via MAN to a network player. But I doubt that'll leave BA quaking in their boots.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Calchas
J/C/D/R/I/U and confusingly, Y

(According to Raffles)

That is believable because "Business UK" was sometimes sold in full Y class. Still, it will confuse matters.
I expect the Y fare bucket will only be treated as Club Europe for existing bookings. Once the new CE product goes on sale I expect Y will be treated as an economy fare and will be no different to Y on other European short haul.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I expect the Y fare bucket will only be treated as Club Europe for existing bookings. Once the new CE product goes on sale I expect Y will be treated as an economy fare and will be no different to Y on other European short haul.
I am not entirely sure it is possible to do that. They could certainly re-ticket existing bookings into J class. But I don't think you can have a booking class be used for two cabins at the same time, depending on date of (first) ticketing.

Still, some of these IT people are pretty smart these days
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Calchas
I am not entirely sure it is possible to do that. They could certainly re-ticket existing bookings into J class. But I don't think you can have a booking class be used for two cabins at the same time, depending on date of (first) ticketing.

Still, some of these IT people are pretty smart these days
It is quite easy. You just upgrade all Y pax into the J cabin and then continue to sell Y class as economy. Whoever is a current Y class holder will have their booking class changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.