Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 31, 17, 6:50 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 16, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Well there is an inconsistency anyway, since JER, which is and will be just about the shortest CE route, is currently on 40 TPs. But 20 TPs would seem a reasonable approach to me. If it's 40 TPs then that falls well into the "too good to be true" category, I'd be getting 240 TPs on trips like NCL-ATH return. That said, for quite a while IB codeshares on BA domestics could get 40 TPs
As Jersey isn't part of UK I don't see that as inconsistent. In fact I don't see any reason why a separate tier of TPs could exist for UK domestic destinations.
Old Nov 5, 16, 12:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by simons1 View Post
... In fact I don't see any reason why a separate tier of TPs could exist for UK domestic destinations.
It is either Club Europe or it is not Club Europe. I see no reason to tweak TPs, they should be consistent across all markets.
Old Nov 5, 16, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by simons1 View Post
As Jersey isn't part of UK I don't see that as inconsistent. In fact I don't see any reason why a separate tier of TPs could exist for UK domestic destinations.
As this is a new class of service for domestics, BA have a completely free hand in setting the TP level and so past practice cannot be relied on. I think it is strange that it was branded Club Europe in the presentation because if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe, so Club UK would have been a much better designation.

FWIW it may well be the case they will allocate 40 TP for full flex J and 20TP for lower fare classes with only J/F connections booking into domestic club.
Old Nov 5, 16, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA silver, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador
When does anyone think Club Europe will be introduced on UK services? From 11 January - the same day as BOB so as to keep similar service for business and first customers as they currently receive on domestic flights??

Also do you think customers booked with connections from domestic points will automatically be rebooked into Club Europe on the domestic flight rather than economy?

I have a few flight in Jan, Feb and March which are J domestic connecting onto Club Europe and would be happy I'm now getting my breakfast back and the luxury of an empty middle seat guaranteed!!
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 View Post
if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe.
While the UK may continue to exist or not, the British Isles will remain in Europe.
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
kanderson1965 - The UK is and will always be part of Europe. The referendum was related to leaving the EU. Doc Copper
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
I think it is strange that it was branded Club Europe in the presentation because if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe, so Club UK would have been a much better designation.
What a ridiculous assertion.

The UK will always be "part of Europe."
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think it is strange that it was branded Club Europe in the presentation because if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe, so Club UK would have been a much better designation.
Goodness, are we being towed out into the Atlantic? It's really hard to keep on top of all the news these days.
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Goodness, are we being towed out into the Atlantic? It's really hard to keep on top of all the news these days.
Well, we are technically moving away from the mainland.....may take millions of years though to get a half decent distance
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Can't we position closer to Barbados?
Old Nov 5, 16, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by smokie36 View Post
Can't we position closer to Barbados?
Nah, it'll screw up the TP runs even more. There again RFS around the Caribbean sounds interesting.
Old Nov 5, 16, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
It is either Club Europe or it is not Club Europe. I see no reason to tweak TPs, they should be consistent across all markets.
Agreed. I think passengers ought to have a clear idea of what benefits they will receive without having to decipher a table.

A propos, as London based and one who rarely takes a plane within the UK, I have no strong view on this either as positive or negative.

H
Old Nov 5, 16, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
There is a movement pushing for this (no pun intended).
Old Nov 5, 16, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Hoch View Post
Agreed. I think passengers ought to have a clear idea of what benefits they will receive without having to decipher a table.
And how do you propose that passengers should get a clear idea of what they'll get, without consulting a table or calculator?!

You point seems nonsensical given that already TP earnings already vary markedly depending on route and fare class.
Old Nov 5, 16, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe.
What continent will the UK become a part of?

While the UK may not be part of the European Union, I fully expect it will remain a part of Europe

Search this Thread
Search Engine: