Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Saltire74
The J cabin on the mid- hauls A321's are fixed cabins with the J seats converting to lie flat beds. Not sure about Y pax being able to choose them but doubt it unless An OpUp was given.

S
Can confirm this. Was on one of these planes for the first time ever yesterday afternoon to EDI and was not allowed to select any of the posh seats. Looked very swish though.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JoshBosh
I've got booked a domestic in CE later in the year. It falls into the lunch bracket as it is a 12:30 departure. There is no option to select a special meal, as when i attempt to do so, it states 'No meal available'. There are special meals on the connecting HKG flight though.
Is this just because of the short duration (INV-LHR), because it is an A319, or is there no choice of a special meal at this meal time?

I will note that from LHR on the return leg, there isn't one either, but this is at 'brunch', although i've always got a special meal at afternoon tea to avoid the finger sandwiches.

Thanks!
The ability to order a special meal on CE domestics is greyed out in MMB, but it appears to follow the special meal preference in your profile, which will be (/should be) applied in the background to your CE domestic booking. I reported testing this theory here in the Club Europe Catering Guide thread.

It sounds like you may want to have a meal from the regular menu on your long haul, but a special meal on your short hauls - in this case, I believe you'd need to change your overall profile preference to whatever meal you want on the CE domestic sector, and then go to MMB and over-ride that choice to "Standard meal - choose on board" on your long haul sector(s). Otherwise, if you already have a SPML preference in your profile, this has (probably!) already been applied to your CE domestic sector...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
The ability to order a special meal on CE domestics is greyed out in MMB, but it appears to follow the special meal preference in your profile, which will be (/should be) applied in the background to your CE domestic booking. I reported testing this theory here in the Club Europe Catering Guide thread.

It sounds like you may want to have a meal from the regular menu on your long haul, but a special meal on your short hauls - in this case, I believe you'd need to change your overall profile preference to whatever meal you want on the CE domestic sector, and then go to MMB and over-ride that choice to "Standard meal - choose on board" on your long haul sector(s). Otherwise, if you already have a SPML preference in your profile, this has (probably!) already been applied to your CE domestic sector...
This glitch is being fixed.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Good to know - thank you for the update, Littlegirl!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
MMB now shows 'no meal available' on my upcoming domestic CE flights.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I've posted a short review of the MAN/LBA Breakfast here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28240655
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I just had a very nice surprise and one I had never thought about. I was a bit miffed to be in 17A on my usual commute up to EDI this evening but a HBO fare is what it is so all good.

However I got the 'magic beep' on boarding and was moved to 1C! I never thought about this perk when they introduced Club Europe on domestics!

A nice surprise as mainly mainly it moves me to a quick getaway spot when we land at Edinburgh!!

aks120
Old May 11, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Just a query - looking to book BA1474 LHR-GLA on Sunday and it is showing as A321 mid haul. If there is only a row or two of CE, will the curtain move allowing Y passengers to book into the J seats, or is it fixed and these seats will remain empty?

Thanks !
I'm gutted, they changed my BA1474 tomorrow morning from A321 mid haul with lie-flats to A320 with only 5 rows of CW :'(
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Travelling next month on MAN/LHR/DUB. Booked in September before the change so the domestic is in Y with the LHR/DUB in CE. I would like to upgrade the domestic flight and there is CE availability on the outbound. Tried calling and was quoted 4,500 avios plus 7.50 per person. Fare enough as this is the difference between the two flights. However, they also wanted 35 per person change fee. Tried to argue this was unfair as no CE cabin when booked but they insisted on the change fee. Anybody any luck with getting BA to waive the change fee in this sort of instance? Is it a case of HUACA or will they stick to this as a change?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madfish
Travelling next month on MAN/LHR/DUB. Booked in September before the change so the domestic is in Y with the LHR/DUB in CE. I would like to upgrade the domestic flight and there is CE availability on the outbound. Tried calling and was quoted 4,500 avios plus 7.50 per person. Fare enough as this is the difference between the two flights. However, they also wanted 35 per person change fee. Tried to argue this was unfair as no CE cabin when booked but they insisted on the change fee. Anybody any luck with getting BA to waive the change fee in this sort of instance? Is it a case of HUACA or will they stick to this as a change?
was the original booking a revenue or reward booking?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
was the original booking a revenue or reward booking?
Reward booking. Should have said as this will make a difference between changes to existing booking and UuA.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by madfish
Reward booking. Should have said as this will make a difference between changes to existing booking and UuA.
Ah ok. Then yes that is correct, change fee is chargeable. You are doing a change to the reward booking.

For a UuA there is no change fee so had this been a revenue booking and upgraded with avios you would have just paid the extra avios from ET to CE and the extra 7.50 (the difference between the RFS fee for CE and ET). However, when changing a reward booking from one class ot another that is not a UuA, it is just a change and you have to pay the change fee as well.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by eugeniod1995
Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help
Welcome to FT.

At LHR when connecting you will go through passport control but there is no fast track for passport control anyway. You can either use the e-passport gates and go landside, go up to the check in floor, and then use north or south security to enter airside, or you can follow the signs for connections and go through passport control that way/

The answer you were given is correct, at T5 you will not have access to fast track security or fast track boarding, and you will not have access to the lounge. Had you been in CE for your LHR-EDI flight you would have had fast track and lounge access.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I also need to greet you eugeniod1995, and welcome you to the BA forum here on Flyertalk.

I agree with KARFA on his suggestions, but I'll add a few of my own. If you see availability come up on BAEC by doing a dummy booking, you can of course cancel your IB+ redemption for a small fee (and get your Avios back) and take the BAEC redemption. You won't be offered a Pro Active upgrade (POUG) if it's an Iberia ticket, but you are able pay for a cash upgrade to CE - if there is availability - on the day of travel. This can be done at MUC airport or more easily when you get to LHR. Just go to the Customer Service desk on the far left wall of the UK Border + Flight Connection hall. It will cost between 64 and 71.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.