Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 31, 17, 6:50 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 24, 17, 4:01 am
  #826  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Perth, the Scottish one
Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Posts: 2,009
Originally Posted by Saltire74 View Post
The J cabin on the mid- hauls A321's are fixed cabins with the J seats converting to lie flat beds. Not sure about Y pax being able to choose them but doubt it unless An OpUp was given.

S
Can confirm this. Was on one of these planes for the first time ever yesterday afternoon to EDI and was not allowed to select any of the posh seats. Looked very swish though.
nobbyclark is offline  
Old Apr 25, 17, 1:55 am
  #827  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by JoshBosh View Post
I've got booked a domestic in CE later in the year. It falls into the lunch bracket as it is a 12:30 departure. There is no option to select a special meal, as when i attempt to do so, it states 'No meal available'. There are special meals on the connecting HKG flight though.
Is this just because of the short duration (INV-LHR), because it is an A319, or is there no choice of a special meal at this meal time?

I will note that from LHR on the return leg, there isn't one either, but this is at 'brunch', although i've always got a special meal at afternoon tea to avoid the finger sandwiches.

Thanks!
The ability to order a special meal on CE domestics is greyed out in MMB, but it appears to follow the special meal preference in your profile, which will be (/should be) applied in the background to your CE domestic booking. I reported testing this theory here in the Club Europe Catering Guide thread.

It sounds like you may want to have a meal from the regular menu on your long haul, but a special meal on your short hauls - in this case, I believe you'd need to change your overall profile preference to whatever meal you want on the CE domestic sector, and then go to MMB and over-ride that choice to "Standard meal - choose on board" on your long haul sector(s). Otherwise, if you already have a SPML preference in your profile, this has (probably!) already been applied to your CE domestic sector...
JustTheOne is online now  
Old Apr 27, 17, 10:02 am
  #828  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,704
Originally Posted by JustTheOne View Post
The ability to order a special meal on CE domestics is greyed out in MMB, but it appears to follow the special meal preference in your profile, which will be (/should be) applied in the background to your CE domestic booking. I reported testing this theory here in the Club Europe Catering Guide thread.

It sounds like you may want to have a meal from the regular menu on your long haul, but a special meal on your short hauls - in this case, I believe you'd need to change your overall profile preference to whatever meal you want on the CE domestic sector, and then go to MMB and over-ride that choice to "Standard meal - choose on board" on your long haul sector(s). Otherwise, if you already have a SPML preference in your profile, this has (probably!) already been applied to your CE domestic sector...
This glitch is being fixed.
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Apr 27, 17, 11:47 am
  #829  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
This glitch is being fixed.
Good to know - thank you for the update, Littlegirl!
JustTheOne is online now  
Old Apr 28, 17, 8:09 am
  #830  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Posts: 4,937
Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
This glitch is being fixed.
MMB now shows 'no meal available' on my upcoming domestic CE flights.
florens is offline  
Old Apr 28, 17, 8:17 am
  #831  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 13,345
I've posted a short review of the MAN/LBA Breakfast here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28240655
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Apr 28, 17, 9:56 am
  #832  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lincoln
Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Posts: 2,050
I just had a very nice surprise and one I had never thought about. I was a bit miffed to be in 17A on my usual commute up to EDI this evening but a HBO fare is what it is so all good.

However I got the 'magic beep' on boarding and was moved to 1C! I never thought about this perk when they introduced Club Europe on domestics!

A nice surprise as mainly mainly it moves me to a quick getaway spot when we land at Edinburgh!!

aks120
aks120 is online now  
Old May 11, 17, 7:41 am
  #833  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Just a query - looking to book BA1474 LHR-GLA on Sunday and it is showing as A321 mid haul. If there is only a row or two of CE, will the curtain move allowing Y passengers to book into the J seats, or is it fixed and these seats will remain empty?

Thanks !
I'm gutted, they changed my BA1474 tomorrow morning from A321 mid haul with lie-flats to A320 with only 5 rows of CW :'(
desti is offline  
Old Jun 3, 17, 4:17 pm
  #834  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,484
Travelling next month on MAN/LHR/DUB. Booked in September before the change so the domestic is in Y with the LHR/DUB in CE. I would like to upgrade the domestic flight and there is CE availability on the outbound. Tried calling and was quoted 4,500 avios plus £7.50 per person. Fare enough as this is the difference between the two flights. However, they also wanted £35 per person change fee. Tried to argue this was unfair as no CE cabin when booked but they insisted on the change fee. Anybody any luck with getting BA to waive the change fee in this sort of instance? Is it a case of HUACA or will they stick to this as a change?
madfish is offline  
Old Jun 3, 17, 4:51 pm
  #835  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,375
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
Travelling next month on MAN/LHR/DUB. Booked in September before the change so the domestic is in Y with the LHR/DUB in CE. I would like to upgrade the domestic flight and there is CE availability on the outbound. Tried calling and was quoted 4,500 avios plus £7.50 per person. Fare enough as this is the difference between the two flights. However, they also wanted £35 per person change fee. Tried to argue this was unfair as no CE cabin when booked but they insisted on the change fee. Anybody any luck with getting BA to waive the change fee in this sort of instance? Is it a case of HUACA or will they stick to this as a change?
was the original booking a revenue or reward booking?
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 3, 17, 11:29 pm
  #836  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,484
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
was the original booking a revenue or reward booking?
Reward booking. Should have said as this will make a difference between changes to existing booking and UuA.
madfish is offline  
Old Jun 4, 17, 4:15 am
  #837  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,375
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
Reward booking. Should have said as this will make a difference between changes to existing booking and UuA.
Ah ok. Then yes that is correct, change fee is chargeable. You are doing a change to the reward booking.

For a UuA there is no change fee so had this been a revenue booking and upgraded with avios you would have just paid the extra avios from ET to CE and the extra £7.50 (the difference between the RFS fee for CE and ET). However, when changing a reward booking from one class ot another that is not a UuA, it is just a change and you have to pay the change fee as well.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 21, 17, 9:46 am
  #838  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: MUC/EDI/PSR
Programs: BAEC Blue
Posts: 14
Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help
eugeniod1995 is offline  
Old Jun 21, 17, 10:04 am
  #839  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,375
Originally Posted by eugeniod1995 View Post
Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help
Welcome to FT.

At LHR when connecting you will go through passport control but there is no fast track for passport control anyway. You can either use the e-passport gates and go landside, go up to the check in floor, and then use north or south security to enter airside, or you can follow the signs for connections and go through passport control that way/

The answer you were given is correct, at T5 you will not have access to fast track security or fast track boarding, and you will not have access to the lounge. Had you been in CE for your LHR-EDI flight you would have had fast track and lounge access.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 21, 17, 12:37 pm
  #840  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 48,233
And I also need to greet you eugeniod1995, and welcome you to the BA forum here on Flyertalk.

I agree with KARFA on his suggestions, but I'll add a few of my own. If you see availability come up on BAEC by doing a dummy booking, you can of course cancel your IB+ redemption for a small fee (and get your Avios back) and take the BAEC redemption. You won't be offered a Pro Active upgrade (POUG) if it's an Iberia ticket, but you are able pay for a cash upgrade to CE - if there is availability - on the day of travel. This can be done at MUC airport or more easily when you get to LHR. Just go to the Customer Service desk on the far left wall of the UK Border + Flight Connection hall. It will cost between £64 and £71.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: