Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by aks120
I have plenty of offers on all my commuting flights but when I click through it says there is an error and that the flight cannot be upgraded online? Not sure why - this happens on all my offers no matter when I booked the flight!

Anyone else get this?

aks120
Yes- I get this every time I try to book a POUG. I have successfully upgraded most of these flights over the phone however, with others, I'm told that there is no availability when I phone even though the offer is still showing on the website weeks later.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, Fast Track if in CE ^
Fab thanks for that! ^
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HarryBA
So with the 40TPs confirmed for domestic CE. Will IB domestic business class be upgraded to followed. Historically they did award 40TPs but this was enhanced to 20TPs a few years ago.
I don't see they would be, nothing has changed in IB and that is a separate product offering compared to CE.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All domestic POUGs are 65, with the exceptions of LBA and LBA, which are 59,
Both LBA and LBA?

Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Calchas
Both LBA and LBA?

Careful, all these references to LBA are going to get KARFA over-excited
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
Both LBA and LBA?

Originally Posted by Physci
Careful, all these references to LBA are going to get KARFA over-excited
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Oneworld
40 TPs is a very nice incentive; very smart move by BA. I can see a lot of people thinking the difference between paying 56 pounds for HBO and 99 for CE is peanuts when you throw 40 TP into the mix. Which is exactly what I have just booked on LHR - MAN.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
I have flown a few sectors in CE with BA, although only in the single digits, so I am a bit of a newbie and no where near as experienced as some of the honourable members above!

I did an upgrade EDI-LHR on the 767 on Friday and I have to admit I was really impressed, the crew did a fantastic job. There was only 10 in the CE cabin so not taxing for the two crew members working up front, but even for such a cheap upgrade I was kept toped up with Champers, given a bottle to take off with me, and then allowed to have a quick look in the cockpit!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gfl / GGL + CCR , Amex Platinum, Amex BA Premium Plus
Just done a CE domestic EDI - LCY on BA CityFlyer. There was no champagne loaded. I was informed that due to tax reasons they cannot yet serve champagne on CityFlyer CE domestics. Will take this up with Customer Relations tomorrow as BA's website states champagne is available on all Club Europe Flights. On the positive side they kept me very well oiled with Gin (though sadly only Gordons and not Tanqueray as they only had the economy bar loaded.)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just a query - looking to book BA1474 LHR-GLA on Sunday and it is showing as A321 mid haul. If there is only a row or two of CE, will the curtain move allowing Y passengers to book into the J seats, or is it fixed and these seats will remain empty?

Thanks !
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All domestic POUGs are 65, with the exceptions of LBA and LBA, which are 59, and JER which is a bit variable but in the 59 to 79 area. They seem to be very widely available.
My MAN-LHR POUG was also 59.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Just a query - looking to book BA1474 LHR-GLA on Sunday and it is showing as A321 mid haul. If there is only a row or two of CE, will the curtain move allowing Y passengers to book into the J seats, or is it fixed and these seats will remain empty?

Thanks !
we flew on it yesterday. There were empty CE seats. A bit of a novelty with lie flat beds and a massage option which I found by accident

Last edited by fiona; Apr 10, 2017 at 7:47 am
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC IHG
Wrong post every time I log in get redirected here sorry
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

Thanks !
The J cabin on the mid- hauls A321's are fixed cabins with the J seats converting to lie flat beds. Not sure about Y pax being able to choose them but doubt it unless An OpUp was given.

S
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
After a google search, and it being stated that special meals are available, i thought i'd ask a question here.

I've got booked a domestic in CE later in the year. It falls into the lunch bracket as it is a 12:30 departure. There is no option to select a special meal, as when i attempt to do so, it states 'No meal available'. There are special meals on the connecting HKG flight though.
Is this just because of the short duration (INV-LHR), because it is an A319, or is there no choice of a special meal at this meal time?

I will note that from LHR on the return leg, there isn't one either, but this is at 'brunch', although i've always got a special meal at afternoon tea to avoid the finger sandwiches.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.