Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
PoUG for NCL is Ł65 each way.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman
Just booked GLA-LHR 10.35 departure next Friday 14/4 and happy to see it's a Mid Haul 321!

On an aside, any pics of the LHR-MAN Club breakfast yet please?
​​​​​​​I am on 1479 today. First time in a mid haul in God knows how many shuttle flights in the last 25+ years.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I think a few have been seen and recorded in the POUG thread, cŁ60, IIRC.
I completely forgot about that thread! Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Domestic bussines selling classes have never shown 40 TP each way on the calculator or earned 40 TP. I think you may be misremembering seeing something else.

TP will change come 1 April so your mid April trip in domestic CE will earn 40 TP each way.
Actually, it did show that. I am not misremembering. But it doesn't matter now, as it's been updated (again.)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LochAwe
Actually, it did show that. I am not misremembering. But it doesn't matter now, as it's been updated (again.)
Come on, you know the unwritten FT rule - if you didn't take a photo it didn't happen

Anyway, I am glad it is now updated and the widely touted 40 TP for domestic CE has indeed been implemented
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Tonight's 16:55 to BHD was some sort of Ploughman's effort, complete with half a boiled egg. Perhaps the scone is reserved for "non-domestic" Club Europe?
Anyhow, I went for the Castelnou and a JD/Coke.

Last edited by Silk Cut; Apr 8, 2017 at 12:57 am
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Flew EDI-LHR on the first day of Domestic CE last Saturday. Was initially underwhelmed as flight was from Gate 23 and we were bussed to the other side of the field next to the cargo planes. We were also held for 10 minutes on the bus waiting to climb the steps.

Of the 50 CE seats (I think, in a 767; all of the middle seats in the middle section of seats were purposely empty; I had 9DEF at my disposal), 45 were occupied according to the numbers called out just before the doors shut. Wasn't even expecting to be in CE but it must have been part of my onward SFO ticket price.

I was glad to see the return of the BA full monty breakfast but service was a little slow. I got my meal as we started to descend into the holding pattern.

Was first off as I was in 9D and the crew held back the masses in row 12 and beyond.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have an AVIOS booking for a flight WTP to Hong Kong and Club World Shanghai to Inverness.

It seems that these rebooked the domestic segment into X to Traveller, rather than the Club Europe for the domestic leg after the introduction of CE. I just queried this and was told if I wanted Club Europe I would need to pay a change fee plus the additional AVIOS.

Is this correct? - I would've thought with a Club World through ticket to Inverness, the domestic leg would book into CE even on an AVIOS ticket?

Could anyone confirm that or am I going to be disappointed

aks120
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
PoUG for NCL is Ł65 each way.
All domestic POUGs are Ł65, with the exceptions of LBA and LBA, which are Ł59, and JER which is a bit variable but in the Ł59 to Ł79 area. They seem to be very widely available.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All domestic POUGs are Ł65, with the exceptions of LBA and LBA, which are Ł59, and JER which is a bit variable but in the Ł59 to Ł79 area. They seem to be very widely available.
I have plenty of offers on all my commuting flights but when I click through it says there is an error and that the flight cannot be upgraded online? Not sure why - this happens on all my offers no matter when I booked the flight!

Anyone else get this?

aks120
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:53 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Anyway, I am glad it is now updated and the widely touted 40 TP for domestic CE has indeed been implemented
Indeed. Although when this thread started I seem to recall there were a few people on here who were convinced that we would never earn 40 TPs on domestic sectors. Naming no names
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gms
Indeed. Although when this thread started I seem to recall there were a few people on here who were convinced that we would never earn 40 TPs on domestic sectors. Naming no names
Never, all lies!!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:05 pm

Another question sorry - now that our domestic flight is in CE does this mean that we will have fast track at NCL? If I'm not travelling J I normally pre-purchase fast track so would be helpful to know please?
Many thanks.

Last edited by Lady Northumberland; Apr 8, 2017 at 12:06 pm Reason: *
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Come on, you know the unwritten FT rule - if you didn't take a photo it didn't happen

So with the 40TPs confirmed for domestic CE. Will IB domestic business class be upgraded to followed. Historically they did award 40TPs but this was enhanced to 20TPs a few years ago.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
Another question sorry - now that our domestic flight is in CE does this mean that we will have fast track at NCL? If I'm not travelling J I normally pre-purchase fast track so would be helpful to know please?
Many thanks.
Yes, Fast Track if in CE ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.