Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Good to hear MickV
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just off the phone to BAEC as I have a Y domestic coming up. They tell me that Y class only gets upgraded to Club Europe Domestic if it was booked before 28/02.

Mine was booked on 15/03 through TA.

Frustrating
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by zippyboarder
Just off the phone to BAEC as I have a Y domestic coming up. They tell me that Y class only gets upgraded to Club Europe Domestic if it was booked before 28/02.

Mine was booked on 15/03 through TA.

Frustrating
That's because when you booked it Club Europe tickets were already on sale so you were purposely buying an economy fare.

People who booked a so-called 'Business UK' fare would have it booked under Y or J and were entitled to lounge access, it was marketed as a business fare and came with business class ground product (check-in, fast track, lounge) but economy on-board. It made sense that these were moved up to CE as these passengers would have been the most likely to book CE if it had been available at the time of booking and it meant they'd also get the advertised ground benefits.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have an F redemption booking (to SYD, which made use of a joker and a GUF) which includes a domestic connection on the return leg; at present this hop is in Economy and I note the wiki post says it 'may' be possible to change this to Club Europe.

Is there any logic around why it may or may not be possible to have the flights changed?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
was your flight booked before CE was available?

If so there is an argument your flight would have been booked in CE had it been available, especially if you were booked into what was Business UK.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
was your flight booked before CE was available?

If so there is an argument your flight would have been booked in CE had it been available, especially if you were booked into what was Business UK.
It wasn't available when I booked, albeit I speculated impending CE introduction was why rows 1-6 were blocked: this was refuted absolutely by the GGL line (clearly incorrectly).
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Schiehallion
It wasn't available when I booked, albeit I speculated impending CE introduction was why rows 1-6 were blocked: this was refuted absolutely by the GGL line (clearly incorrectly).
If you used a Joker that should also open up space in CE for your domestic connections.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:34 pm

May I ask a question about the CE seats on domestic flights - are they actually different seats?

Last edited by Lady Northumberland; Apr 3, 2017 at 3:34 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
May I ask a question about the CE seats on domestic flights - are they actually different seats?
No. Same seats throughout the plane, middle seat is blocked for CE. Exactly the same as short haul flights exLHR.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
no, this brings domestic flights into the same category as the rest of shorthaul in Europe. THE CE cabin has the same seats as Economy but the middle seat blocked.

As has always been the case, a limited number of services may be operated by a mid haul A321 with business class seats, but this is very much the exception not the rule.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
no, this brings domestic flights into the same category as the rest of shorthaul in Europe. THE CE cabin has the same seats as Economy but the middle seat blocked.

As has always been the case, a limited number of services may be operated by a mid haul A321 with business class seats, but this is very much the exception not the rule.
Just booked GLA-LHR 10.35 departure next Friday 14/4 and happy to see it's a Mid Haul 321!

On an aside, any pics of the LHR-MAN Club breakfast yet please?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Any POUGs yet?

(I assume not in the short term with the reconfiguration of fares to the new cabin)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sealink
Any POUGs yet?

(I assume not in the short term with the reconfiguration of fares to the new cabin)
I think a few have been seen and recorded in the POUG thread, c60, IIRC.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
I saw LHR-EDI for 65.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:41 am

Wi thought as much but just wanted to check.
Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.