Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Excellent feed back Wythy thanks for posting.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by Genius1
Surely it will be exactly the same as any European flight?
If that is the case I guess then the chances of food being loaded for the upgraded party to be slim to none of it is not at LHR .
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For some strange reason, KRK-LBA is 406 on BA / IB in business. Now LBA has its fans but still it's out of the way...
Damn right it has fans. I find it very convenient. Have done home to gate in just under 30 minutes before
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Damn right it has fans. I find it very convenient. Have done home to gate in just under 30 minutes before
40 Minutes including a bag here!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by psollitt
If that is the case I guess then the chances of food being loaded for the upgraded party to be slim to none of it is not at LHR .
I have been upgraded at the gate at KRK to CE and there has been enough catering

Why would it be any different on a domestic?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I have been upgraded at the gate at KRK to CE and there has been enough catering

Why would it be any different on a domestic?
The point I think is simply that BA don't over cater. So there is no 'spare' catering to cover upgrades. Flights are return catered (i.e. loaded in London) so if upgrades / bookings are last minute no time to get top up catering and BA won't load catering down-route. So the risk is if everyone accepts the meal there won't be any spare for the upgrades.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These upgrades should be known well in advance though; this should not be a surprise for the caterers.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
The point I think is simply that BA don't over cater. So there is no 'spare' catering to cover upgrades. Flights are return catered (i.e. loaded in London) so if upgrades / bookings are last minute no time to get top up catering and BA won't load catering down-route. So the risk is if everyone accepts the meal there won't be any spare for the upgrades.
which is exactly the same for Krakow and other CE destinations

its 2 and a half hours from London to Krakow, its an hour and 15 minutes from London to Glasgow, so they have more time to know what the upgrades will be.

if they make this work everywhere else on SH they can make it work on UK Domestic.

I am sure they have a strong understanding of which flights are likely to require some upgrades and therefore be catered appropriately before the aircraft leaves London
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
which is exactly the same for Krakow and other CE destinations

its 2 and a half hours from London to Krakow, its an hour and 15 minutes from London to Glasgow, so they have more time to know what the upgrades will be.

if they make this work everywhere else on SH they can make it work on UK Domestic.

I am sure they have a strong understanding of which flights are likely to require some upgrades and therefore be catered appropriately before the aircraft leaves London
You really think BA have the operational expertise and management desire to uplift additional business class catering to provide for potential upgrades from a BoB cabin on a return flight within a 90-120 minute deadline? Is this some sort of joke?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Front cabin of 767 on EDI-LHR this morning was full with CE pax. Return on A320 had 4 rows of CE.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
You really think BA have the operational expertise and management desire to uplift additional business class catering to provide for potential upgrades from a BoB cabin on a return flight within a 90-120 minute deadline? Is this some sort of joke?
well they appear to do it today on flights across Europe, why do you think its not a problem across the rest of SH but will be a problem on UK Domestic?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
well they appear to do it today on flights across Europe, why do you think its not a problem across the rest of SH but will be a problem on UK Domestic?
They don't always do it on European flights. Even when you're a 'late' Club Europe booking (IE not an upgrade). Just because you got a meal out of Krakow doesn't mean that'll always be the case. In practice, not everyone will accept a meal so it's not likely they will run out but don't automatically expect it'll always get sorted. :-)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Having flown two CE domestic sectors MAN-LHR-MAN on 1 April 2017 (Review here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28118545) I can confirm that I was awarded 40 TPs for each sector, as expected.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
They don't always do it on European flights. Even when you're a 'late' Club Europe booking (IE not an upgrade). Just because you got a meal out of Krakow doesn't mean that'll always be the case. In practice, not everyone will accept a meal so it's not likely they will run out but don't automatically expect it'll always get sorted. :-)
All I am saying is it want be any different on a UK domestic if they upgrade people than it will be on any other SH European. This happens every day and has done for years
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
I was on the first flight to Belfast on Saturday morning.
Bus to plane so obviously priority boarding such as it is went out the window.
Three rows all full.
Service was excellent. Relatively quick.
Curtains pulled.
Two drink services.
Decent breakfast.

As impressed on a BA short haul flight as I have been in a very long time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.