Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Well I just checked out a GLA-LHR for July and they are kindly offering to fly me with no middle seat and a premium meal served for the princely sum of £361 one way.

It does say no wifi, no entertainment, no power points.

No mention of a smile from the cabin crew but I certainly had one reading this.

You will find me over on the Easyjet page checking out prices, or perhaps in a sandwich shop before boarding my plane.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by smokie36
Well I just checked out a GLA-LHR for July and they are kindly offering to fly me with no middle seat and a premium meal served for the princely sum of £361 one way.

You will find me over on the Easyjet page checking out prices, or perhaps in a sandwich shop before boarding my plane.
You'll find a round trip fare is lower than a one way fare. What was the lowest ET fare?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:28 am

Yes you are correct Tobias.

Return is £227 or £78 in economy.

Certainly more realistic.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smokie36

EasyJet does blocked middle seats now?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Calchas
EasyJet does blocked middle seats now?
I believe smokie36 was referring to CE on BA.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a pity Domestic Club has not resulted in competitive fares:

KRK/WAW-MAN/EDI is a standard £300-350 return on LH group. Best product probably being OS to MAN.
BA is around £450-600 with £550 being most common. If BA can get away with these fares then fine, doesn't explain the fare/Avios dumping on so many markets though! 48,000 Avios return is unbearable.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hugolover
It's a pity Domestic Club has not resulted in competitive fares:

KRK/WAW-MAN/EDI is a standard £300-350 return on LH group. Best product probably being OS to MAN.
BA is around £450-600 with £550 being most common. If BA can get away with these fares then fine, doesn't explain the fare/Avios dumping on so many markets though! 48,000 Avios return is unbearable.
For some strange reason, KRK-LBA is £406 on BA / IB in business. Now LBA has its fans but still it's out of the way, and still not good value set alongside £314 for OS KRK-MAN. GLA is £400. Which poses the question why is BA cheaper on non competitive routes?! KRK routes have been offered to corporates at good prices or with low minimum targets. May need a while for this to bed in perhaps.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
I was indeed. Sorry for any confusion!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes but in comparison to an EasyJet price.

You have to compare apples with apples.

All of these providers fail miserably in comparison to the Megabus which prices Glasgow to London at £15. I think they even chuck in wifi.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:30 pm

All of these providers fail miserably in comparison to the Megabus which prices Glasgow to London at £15. I think they even chuck in wifi.
I've flown GLA-LGW for £9.99 on EZJ... no wifi but it's only an hour, I think I can live without it.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For some strange reason, KRK-LBA is £406 on BA / IB in business. Now LBA has its fans but still it's out of the way, and still not good value set alongside £314 for OS KRK-MAN. GLA is £400. Which poses the question why is BA cheaper on non competitive routes?! KRK routes have been offered to corporates at good prices or with low minimum targets. May need a while for this to bed in perhaps.
Does KRK offer a lounge yet? Going there in April
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:45 pm

Apples with apples indeed.

Its 20 years since I did the EDI-LON run regularly stopping at Charnock services on the way.

Good times but I suspect my bones might creak a bit getting off nowadays!

Not to mention the crazy drinking sessions on those buses....worse than a BA lounge!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFL
The correct Club Europe 40 tier points are now showing for domestic routes if you click on Manage My Booking.

The Avios Flight Calculator doesn't appear to have been updated yet however.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hungry
Does KRK offer a lounge yet? Going there in April
​​​​​​There are 2 lounges in KRK but BA refuses to use them. The are available on priority pass or you can pay to access them
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jazzyjeff
The correct Club Europe 40 tier points are now showing for domestic routes if you click on Manage My Booking.

The Avios Flight Calculator doesn't appear to have been updated yet however.
Just checked mine (EDI-LHR-EDI on Sunday) and showing 80TPs. Delighted to have it confirmed as I'm 75 away from Gold, so this was a domestic TP run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.