FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

KARFA Mar 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 28068036)
Just got boarding pass for LHR-GLA tomorrow and it shows Club Europe?! What's this about?

You're upgraded! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28059773-post703.html

;)

mikeyfly Mar 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Haha!!! Odds are they'll be an empty middle seat and that's as close as it'll get to CE

golfmad Mar 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 28068036)
Just got boarding pass for LHR-GLA tomorrow and it shows Club Europe?! What's this about?

Here is KARFA's other answer:

spanglysteve Mar 22, 2017 3:25 am

I had a domestic reward to LCY from GLA this morning. BP on app was showing 'Club Europe'. I tried my luck with the lounge but was told 'no'. The lounge dragon laughed with me when I said it was worth a shot!

KARFA Mar 22, 2017 3:26 am

Originally Posted by spanglysteve (Post 28070216)
I had a domestic reward to LCY from GLA this morning. BP on app was showing 'Club Europe'. I tried my luck with the lounge but was told 'no'. The lounge dragon laughed with me when I said it was worth a shot!

Predictable ;)

Edina Mar 23, 2017 5:30 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28065265)
It won't be updated until 1 April, see this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28032840-post666.html

The Tier Point Calculator is now showing Club TPs.....My 2 I Class GLA round trips still showing 20 TPs/sector in MMB though.....

KARFA Mar 23, 2017 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Edina (Post 28075462)
The Tier Point Calculator is now showing Club TPs.....My 2 I Class GLA round trips still showing 20 TPs/sector in MMB though.....

Booking classes are now split in to economy and business groups. However, the TPs have not yet been updated. TPs won't be updated until 1 April so your trip in CE will show 20 TPs per flight until then, see this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28032840-post666.html.

LochAwe Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28032840)
This is what BA have stated on twitter, and what has been previously reported via a few other sources in here. However the BAEC calculator will not be updated until 1 April so for now your booking will show 20 TP per sector until this changes.

Earlier this year (sometime in January/February, if memory serves), the Avios calculator was showing 40TP per sector for flights from GLA-LHR in Business, both lowest & flexible. I wish I'd grabbed a screenshot of that.

Anyway, after a last-minute trip to ORY in mid-March, I wound up within 50TP of Gold. So I decided to book a GLA-LHR-GLA run in CE for mid-April, given the 40TPs per sector that had been shown on the calculator. (I didn't go back and check them on the day of booking; silly me!)

After completing the booking and going to MMB, I noted that it was showing only 40TP for the return trip. I went back to the calculator, and it was no longer showing any information at all for CE on UK domestic flights. So I called the Silver line, and the agent was as puzzled as I was. His advice was that he would think it should be the same as CE to and from the Continent, but he couldn't say for sure.

That was 5 days ago. I've been checking MMB every other day or so. Today, the calculator is showing CE, but the TPs and Avios are exactly the same as for Economy Flexible; 20 per sector. I called the Silver line again, and the agent said they'd all received an email on the 2nd of March advising that the calculator was showing incorrect info for CE UK domestic, but they didn't know when it would be updated. (I'm not sure if the incorrect data was the 40TP per sector it had been showing, or the fact that there was nothing showing at all for CE when the email was sent.) She spoke with some colleagues while I held, and the consensus was that they all *think* it'll be 40TP per sector, but no one knows for sure. I also DM'd the Twitter team, and they said they would pass my query on to the EC team, who would respond. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm a bit pissed off, tbh. I booked that flight specifically on the information given in the calculator as well as in the BA page introducing the new UK CE fares: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...my/uk-domestic

That page still says that CE will earn more Avios and TP than Business UK, and it also states: "There is no change to the Avios and Tier Points you can collect in economy, but you will now be able to collect more Avios and Tier Points when travelling in Club Europe (as applicable to business class)." That information is still there today (and I remembered to get screenshots this time.)

I really feel as if there's been a bait & switch here. I can't cancel the trip because idiot me booked the Holiday Inn at GLA for the night before to save driving to GLA at 0-gawd-30am, which turned it into a "holiday booking."

If MMB & the calculator do update on 1st April to show 40TP per sector and I get 80TPs for the trip, great. If not, those'll be my last paid flights on BA.

KARFA Mar 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Domestic bussines selling classes have never shown 40 TP each way on the calculator or earned 40 TP. I think you may be misremembering seeing something else.

TP will change come 1 April so your mid April trip in domestic CE will earn 40 TP each way.

spanglysteve Mar 28, 2017 2:49 pm

2 Attachment(s)
I was on the 1305 LHR>EDI today which was being served by an A321 with lie flat beds!

I thought perhaps BA were trailing a new product before being informed that it's an old ex-bmi plane usually used for Cairo. Still it was nice for the short hour hop. Most people on the plane couldn't believe their luck. I was on a cheap reward but still in the first row! 😀

scottishpoet Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm

happens sometimes, its also currently scheduled to be on a GLA rotation next Tuesday

everGLAdes Mar 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Had the lie flat seats this morning on the 1474 0820 to GLA.

Is there still a business UK ticket class in operation as there seemed to be some confusion as the gate this morning? The gate agent called for priority boarding; "golds, silvers. Business UK." The gent in front of me thought the same, that Club Europe had replaced the Business Uk.

20TPs for a CE domestic if anyone is still wondering.

KARFA Mar 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by everGLAdes (Post 28099010)
Had the lie flat seats this morning on the 1474 0820 to GLA.

Is there still a business UK ticket class in operation as there seemed to be some confusion as the gate this morning? The gate agent called for priority boarding; "golds, silvers. Business UK." The gent in front of me thought the same, that Club Europe had replaced the Business Uk.

20TPs for a CE domestic if anyone is still wondering.

Business UK still exists up to 31 March. From 1 April it goes, and it will be CE and ET.

Also where did you hear 20 TPs for CE? BA stated it will be 40 and the online calculator will be updated on 1 April to reflect this.

everGLAdes Mar 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28099028)
Business UK still exists up to 31 March. From 1 April it goes, and it will be CE and ET.

Also where did you hear 20 TPs for CE? BA stated it will be 40 and the online calculator will be updated on 1 April to reflect this.

Ah ok, I thought Business UK had been done away with already. I was just going off the TPs credited for my domestic hop with a CE ticket last week which was only 20. I take it, it's 40 from April then

KARFA Mar 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by everGLAdes (Post 28099042)
Ah ok, I thought Business UK had been done away with already. I was just going off the TPs credited for my domestic hop with a CE ticket last week which was only 20. I take it, it's 40 from April then

Yes, that is what has been said.

As there is no CE on domestic flights atm what you got credited is the current rate for Y,B,H,I,R,D,C,J selling class.