Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Other than LBA and maybe MAN it is the same as Band 1. GLA and EDI are longer flights than CDG or AMS, and CE catering is rumored to be being "upgraded" or "relaunched" in early April
The changes will be as follows: on domestics for lunch and dinner a choice between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich and for all other European flights a hot meal. The brunch will remain and on all afternoon flights (UK and Europe) the choice will be sandwiches or a Ploughman's salad, both served with British afternoon tea cake and and tea. Not sure about the fate of the scones.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The changes will be as follows: on domestics for lunch and dinner a choice between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich and for all other European flights a hot meal. The brunch will remain and on all afternoon flights (UK and Europe) the choice will be sandwiches or a Ploughman's salad, both served with British afternoon tea cake and and tea. Not sure about the fate of the scones.
Truly overwhelming.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Hot meals on Band 1/2 would be a welcome addition, particularly where lounge offerings are weak

Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I see ba.com has been updated, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...usiness-dining

LBA/MAN will get a bacon roll, fruit and yoghurt at breakfast. Other domestic routes will get a full English.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Which was until recently free in Y! Bravo!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by ENTP
True! The new breakfast offering appears to be marginally above par compared to the pre-BOB era. However, it has probably been eight years since BA served sandwiches and evening salads on its domestic routes
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Some
I was told upthread I was overanalysing when I pointed out the above page on the website suggested CE within the UK would get inferior catering to the rest of CE - is this now a definite thing?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ENTP
The new CE domestic offering is a rather different proposition to that previously offered.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
The new CE domestic offering is a rather different proposition to that previously offered.
So have they combined the much maligned brunch and afternoon tea
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:29 am

Indeed, the hot breakfast will now come on a china plate.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Is there any planned date for this updated catering? 1st April with domestic Club Europe?

(And same question for the updated Club World service?)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Hmm my BHD boarding pass for this afternoon is showing as Club Europe...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deckard
Hmm my BHD boarding pass for this afternoon is showing as Club Europe...
Yes, many of the bp for domestic flights seem to be showing that atm. There is no Club Europe and it isn't even an indication you are in J/Y (current Business UK selling classes) or in any other business selling class. I have had them on domestic fligst where the booking is in O selling class.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, many of the bp for domestic flights seem to be showing that atm. There is no Club Europe and it isn't even an indication you are in J/Y (current Business UK selling classes) or in any other business selling class. I have had them on domestic fligst where the booking is in O selling class.
Doubly weird as this is a BA Holidays booking
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:24 am

Just wondering how Cityflyer is going to cope with this later in the year. They have only two cabin crew for 98 passengers. The crew have their hands full with previous (single class) service offering on domestics - is it realistic that one can do full service in club and the other crew member can single handedly handle BoB for the rest of the plane?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.